The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
checked it again. both the last two questions are meant to be insignificant. the chi test was 8.039 or something amongst them lines :frown: i really hope I picked up the method marks.
Reply 21
The spearman's was two tailed as it asked for an association.
Great thanks, thats what i did!!:smile:
For question 2 did you say that the Poission distribution was a suitable distribution?
Reply 23
yep i sed that n is large, p is small and np is not large (i.e. less than or equal to 10), the exact distrubution was just X~B(5000,0.0001), the mean of the poisson was 0.5.
48DU7
yep i sed that n is large, p is small and np is not large (i.e. less than or equal to 10), the exact distrubution was just X~B(5000,0.0001), the mean of the poisson was 0.5.

This, but not np is not large (I hope I wrote enough to secure the marks).
Reply 25
just to add to that the expected number of four leaved clovers in the batch of 20 was 10. this was due to the mean being 0.5 in a batch of 5000.
Reply 26
You can't talk about this until 12am
Reply 27
48DU7
just to add to that the expected number of four leaved clovers in the batch of 20 was 10. this was due to the mean being 0.5 in a batch of 5000.

Did it not say the expected number of batches that would have at least one four leaf clover? i got like 7.87 or summit.
Don John
You can't talk about this until 12am

OCR/MEI doesn't have that restriction. EdExcel does.
Reply 29
MANU90
Did it not say the expected number of batches that would have at least one four leaf clover? i got like 7.87 or summit.

This.
Reply 30
Any guesses to the number of marks needed for an A?!
Reply 31
Either way, I can't understand how you can talk about an exam after it's happened... always makes me feel awkward and crappy for knowing I've got questions wrong... and a chance for people to boast about them getting questions correct
Don John
Either way, I can't understand how you can talk about an exam after it's happened... always makes me feel awkward and crappy for knowing I've got questions wrong... and a chance for people to boast about them getting questions correct

Why are you posting the same thing in different threads?
Reply 33
:shy2: yep ur correct :frown: guess that calls for a retake
Reply 34
Awh **** this paper was so boring, I nearly fell asleep. On question 1
Reply 35
pretty good exam. except for the parts in question 3 where it asked for the expectation, mean and variance, i'm confident about what i did.

think i did better in s2 than s3.
Reply 36
greenjm90
Any guesses to the number of marks needed for an A?!

Approx. 58-59/72 for an A grade
Reply 37
Awh **** this paper was so boring, I nearly fell asleep. On question 1 can't even remember what it was, but I think it was pretty straight forward, and I think i rejected H0 though not entirely sure.

I remember accepting H0 once and rejecting H0 all the other times - I think.

I messed up the question were it said why is poission suitable by saying all the crap about random, independant and unifrom rate.

What did people get for the mean and variance on question 2.

That last question on 3 threw me but the whole of question 4 was pretty nice :smile:/
Reply 38
I'm thinking low boundries for this one... ( best had be since I calculated pearsons and lost 11 marrks on the first question) maybe 56-57 for an A.
Reply 39
the mean was to be 0.55 and variance around 0.47 :frown: i got them incorrect cuz i lost the numbers which i was meant to add

Latest