The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
gman2k8
Oh and can someone tell me how they criticised the Network for that girl and her sweets or something.

In the model you could (and did, in the algorithm) go backwards up a main course. Obviously you couldn't do that in the real world, so the intended solution was to add arrows to make it a digraph.

--

I messed up the second part of the CPA because I forgot you needed to reduce B and A, not just A. My linear programming is a mess but I got the right answer assuming they can interpret my scribbles. £45200 is what I got. I didn't manage to figure out why you could rephrase the LP in part ii) though.

What did you put for 1. iii) where it was "why do two people have the same number of handshakes"?

--

Do you think it was an easy or hard paper compared to normal? It will affect the UMS and I think I'm on the A/B boundary.
Reply 21
gman2k8
I dunno were I went wrong, I might have messed up the constraints but then again they gave us those didnt they? oh well the question was 9 marks weren't it?

Yes, it was 9 marks.
For the handshake question, part 3, I wasn't sure as to how to explain that atleast two people shake hands the same number of times?!
Stimulation question - 96-99 (reject/redraw), correct? Fraction (probablity) was 3/5 (or 0.6)?
Thamizhan
Yes, it was 9 marks.
For the handshake question, part 3, I wasn't sure as to how to explain that atleast two people shake hands the same number of times?!
Stimulation question - 96-99 (reject/redraw), correct? Fraction (probablity) was 3/5 (or 0.6)?

I got 96-99 to reject, and 3/5 as the probability :biggrin:
Reply 23
Simulation thats what I got aswell thank god 96-99 ignore, and for CPA if you reduce both A and B and you get 300 right? and for the handshake one I left if blank, and as for grades I don;t know I'm hoping for atleast a B cause paper was just average imo.
Reply 24
jayshah31
Nope..

I got £4400 because it was a "maximise to" question - (8,4) is £4400 maximised. How did everything convert the minimise problem to a maximum one for 3 marks?

I'm not sure
2000x1 + 2200x2 + 2500x3 =< minimise
x1+x2+x3=20
x3=20-x2-x1
2500x3=50000-2500x2-2500x1
2000x1 + 2200x2 + 50000 - 2500x2 - 2500x1 =< minimise
-500x1 - 300x2 =< -50000
500x1 + 300x2 >= maximise
Reply 25
Game_boy
In the model you could (and did, in the algorithm) go backwards up a main course. Obviously you couldn't do that in the real world, so the intended solution was to add arrows to make it a digraph.

--

I messed up the second part of the CPA because I forgot you needed to reduce B and A, not just A. My linear programming is a mess but I got the right answer assuming they can interpret my scribbles. £45200 is what I got. I didn't manage to figure out why you could rephrase the LP in part ii) though.

What did you put for 1. iii) where it was "why do two people have the same number of handshakes"?

--

Do you think it was an easy or hard paper compared to normal? It will affect the UMS and I think I'm on the A/B boundary.

In the model, some of the meals were repeated for minimal cost and you wouldn't do that in the real world, or maybe you would. I don't know.

Yes, I reduced both A and B because if you only reduce A then the minimum time would be reduced to 55 mins, so reducing both A & B will help it reduce the time to 50 mins at £250.

Are you sure £45200 is right?
Reply 26
Thamizhan
In the model, some of the meals are repeated for minimal cost and you wouldn't do that in the real world, or maybe you would. I don't know.

Yes, I reduced both A and B because if you only reduce A then the minimum time would be reduced to 55 mins, so reducing both A & B will help it reduce the time to 50 mins at £250.

Are you sure £45200 right?

I swear reducing A was 250 and reducing B was like 50 or something like that.
gman2k8

Yes, A alone was £150. B was £50, D was £100 and E was £50 - IIRC.
I thought it was OK... how many months did you get for the last question again? 6-6-8?
Reply 29
jayshah31
Yes, A alone was £150. B was £50, D was £100 and E was £50 - IIRC.

So whats the cost of reducing then? Final answer?
what did get in dijkstras algorithm? 11 or 12?
Section A was VERY generous.

Section B, not so, but I'm quietly confident :ninja:
Original post by &#1040

Original post by &#1040

Edit: Damn
Reply 34
gman2k8
So whats the cost of reducing then? Final answer?

£300, A and B
Reply 35
jayshah31

Edit: Damn

How did you get 11? Im pretty sure it was 12?
Reply 36
I made too many silly mistakes I'll defo be retaking come June.
i got 12 well
Reply 38
gman2k8

I'm not sure about my answer now, but it was definitely A & B.
For the last question, the production is 6-6-8!
j09
How did you get 11? Im pretty sure it was 12?

No, because the answer to the question afterwards was that she was getting 3 main courses and one sweet.

Latest