The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

zionism is nationalism, not racism.
Reply 81
I'd say that Zionism, in many of its forms, is a sort of nationalist sectarianism. It is not racist, but morally it equates to racism, and it's all under the same 'identity politics' umbrella.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer Israel over a lot of its neighbours and am generally supportive of it, but the whole concept of Zionism is bull-****.
Reply 82
i haven't read all the posts yet so won't make my reply yet but i'm posting to subscribe. Initial response: It's not racism.
Zionism is a political movement and an ideology that supports a homeland for the Jewish people in the Land of Israel, where the Hebrew nation originated over 3,200 years ago and where Hebrew kingdoms and self-governing states existed up to the 2nd century AD. While Zionism is based in part upon religious tradition linking the Jewish people to the Land of Israel, the modern movement is largely secular, beginning largely as a response to rampant antisemitism during the 19th century. After a number of advances and setbacks, and after the Holocaust had destroyed Jewish society in Europe, the Zionist movement culminated in the establishment of the State of Israel in 1948 and succeeded in reaching the Zionist dream or goal.

Yes, imo.
ypo
No I wouldn't believe it.

you should

Latest

Trending

Trending