The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Barack Obama: "service and sacrifice".

Different ruler. Same system.
I like him because I think he will make a fresh change in politics, however theres rumours that he wants to dump the UK and just make buddies with the EU, if he does that then we might need to start looking for another bed to jump in. I hear Russia's nice this time of year lol.

btw what the hell does
I think its because we are like the new American Junior!?
that mean? We are certainly not a new American junior and if anything we are more like the grandparent of America.
Reply 22
I like the dude, my uncles family voted for him.. and they were in florida of all places lol

but yeah i like HIM, i know of some of his policies but i dunno what i think of him as a politician as yet.. i'll just have to wait and see, but as a person i think hes a cool guy.

Anything is better then Bush :h:
Reply 23
SuicideCommando
I think he's absolutely amazing. I have faith in him.

woop woop to that :h:
Reply 24
We can only wait and see....
Reply 25
I have yet to see anyone who supports Obama actually cite a policy of his (possibly because he has no original ones)

America went from an inexperienced alcoholic to a younger inexperienced ex drug addict. Great change.

His entire campaign was nothing but rhetoric.

Actual policies>hope
Reply 26
Haha, I would :wink:
Reply 27
iwilson03
I like him because I think he will make a fresh change in politics, however theres rumours that he wants to dump the UK and just make buddies with the EU, if he does that then we might need to start looking for another bed to jump in. I hear Russia's nice this time of year lol.

btw what the hell does that mean? We are certainly not a new American junior and if anything we are more like the grandparent of America.[/QUOTE]

There's a difference between the political situation and what people like to think America's relationship with Britain should be.
Reply 28
I reckon he wants to make closer links with Middle-East while ditching the west?
Amit92
Well today I bought a copy of "The Times" from my local newsagents to keep up-to-date with some economical/political news because im sick of reading it all online...it just doesn't feel traditional or has exciting lol and there was a moderate thick pull-out just on Barrack Obama lol! Is it just me or is the UK only one of the main countries over-exageratting over him? I think its because we are like the new American Junior!?

What are your personal views on him? I think hes all talk to talk at the moment trying to look good to the americans but I will make my final views when I see him in power and making political decisions and changes! But I do have a feeling he will be better for black people and americans in general than Bush!

Off topic....but you're not Amit Desai from QE Boys by any chance are you ?!?!?! o_O

lol :biggrin:
Reply 30
I want him to do his first speech rapping with Kanye West.

I think even the KKK will be like :awesome:.
robinson999
his a democrat, so like labour in the UK, he will be better

The Democrats are closer to the Conservatives in terms of ideology and manifesto.
He's kewl I guess, and he's making the mulatto race more recognised too even though some people are still ignorant enough to call him black even though he's said he's mixed... bleh I hate it when we're pigeon-holed :s-smilie:
He can't make loads of major changes, but if nothing else, he's changed a lot of the world's perception of America.

Give the man a chance to do this thing. If he messes up, then rant about him, but for now give him a little bit of your hope.

If you think about it, 'hope and change' have both been accomplished already.
Reply 34
I love Barrack and I am proud to say I voted for him. :smile:

Edit: Fail spelling.
Reply 35
I think he's just what the world needs in these tough, tense times. And his perceived closeness (by the middle east) to Islam might just help to reduce the extremist threat. His eloquence and ability to bring people together is all-important today!
Reply 36
ice_dragoness274
Off topic....but you're not Amit Desai from QE Boys by any chance are you ?!?!?! o_O

lol :biggrin:

Nope lol! :cool:
Reply 37
robinson999
true but more trying to say they are the better of the two, much like how labour are better then the conservatives, we can forget about lib dems i mean they won't see power for a bit

By better you mean more left that the other party?
Reply 38
robinson999
true but more trying to say they are the better of the two, much like how labour are better then the conservatives, we can forget about lib dems i mean they won't see power for a bit

That's not really a fact you can prove....
robinson999
you can prove it wrong :p:

labour did give us the NHS

i need to do my lab reports

Labour didn't give us anything. It's not like the Party treasury is paying doctors' salaries.

Latest

Trending

Trending