The Student Room Group

Working at H&M - any experiences?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Maccabees
I said I was reliable. That was my word to describe myself.

Haha I have my interview tomorrow, I hope it goes well considering I've worked for H&M for a year

Ooo let me know how it goes! And thanks for the help :biggrin:
Original post by kal884
Ooo let me know how it goes! And thanks for the help :biggrin:

I will do! My interview might be a bit different to yours though cause I've had experience within the company (which puts even more pressure on me and I am bricking myself)

No problemm :biggrin:
Reply 82
How long was it after you applied that you got your interview (i'm just waiting to hear back that's all)

ANYWAY, i've previously had a job at H&M and the interview was fine, was more of a friendly chat tbf. They want to know if you can work as part of a team. They ask if you could use one word to describe yourself what would it be.

General interview questions.

One thing is that make sure you get the point across you can work as part of a team the H&M motto is like "we are one team" also RESEARCH THE COMPANY that helps loads too.

I applied for 3 stores and got a call after 4-5 days.
Reply 83
Original post by kal884
What were the questions like for the face-to-face interview? And is it just one person who interviews you? I'm going to freak if there's 2! And woah! £7 per hour and then £7.80 after 3 months! Thats brilliant!

My interview is this Saturday, the one in Bham City Centre, Pavillions. I'd like to work there rather than the H&M in the Bullring, that one is always packed out! Pavillions one is smaller so it isnt quite so busy. What about yours? Let me know what they say!

There were 2 people at the interview. 1 one person asks, the other writes down my answers in the application. There were different questions. Do you know something about the company, why should take you blah blah blah... But there was one tricky question. The woman who asked questions told me to try to sell to other woman 1 of 4 items given to me(umbrella and other sh... shiny things). 2 words to describe my attempt to sell the item-Epic Fail. But at least they luffed, so plus additional 5 marks, yeah? LOL
Also there was a question that I answered very bad, but understood why only after 2 days have passed. She told to give an example were at work I've been given multiple tasks. I gave an example were I was put on a position were usually 3 people work, but I've been alone. The problem I should have given an example were I've been succesful at multitaking=p
Oh well... I hope for the best...
My store is on Bond Street(London). Actually there are too many customers and not enough staff, so I hope they will tke me)
Reply 84
Original post by VoVaN37
There were 2 people at the interview. 1 one person asks, the other writes down my answers in the application. There were different questions. Do you know something about the company, why should take you blah blah blah... But there was one tricky question. The woman who asked questions told me to try to sell to other woman 1 of 4 items given to me(umbrella and other sh... shiny things). 2 words to describe my attempt to sell the item-Epic Fail. But at least they luffed, so plus additional 5 marks, yeah? LOL
Also there was a question that I answered very bad, but understood why only after 2 days have passed. She told to give an example were at work I've been given multiple tasks. I gave an example were I was put on a position were usually 3 people work, but I've been alone. The problem I should have given an example were I've been succesful at multitaking=p
Oh well... I hope for the best...
My store is on Bond Street(London). Actually there are too many customers and not enough staff, so I hope they will tke me)

Oooo ok, thank you! And I hope you get it!
I dont mind if they ask me to sell something, especially if they hand me a brolly to sell, with the crappy and unpredictable weather I can chat my way through lol. Thank again!
Reply 85
I will do! My interview might be a bit different to yours though cause I've had experience within the company (which puts even more pressure on me and I am bricking myself)

No problemm :biggrin:

So you've worked at the company before, right? Then can you tell me please when hve you received a call that they take you. Because they told me that if they take me then they will call me at the end of the week, if not I will receive an email massage.
The problem is today is already saturday and still no call nor massage(
Reply 86
Original post by kal884
Oooo ok, thank you! And I hope you get it!
I dont mind if they ask me to sell something, especially if they hand me a brolly to sell, with the crappy and unpredictable weather I can chat my way through lol. Thank again!

Thanks!
How was you interview?
Original post by VoVaN37
So you've worked at the company before, right? Then can you tell me please when hve you received a call that they take you. Because they told me that if they take me then they will call me at the end of the week, if not I will receive an email massage.
The problem is today is already saturday and still no call nor massage(

Indeed I have! They said they were going to ring me on Monday to tell me, if I've got it or not. If not I'd get an email, but usually they send an email a couple of days after your interview. So I wouldn't worry.
Reply 88
Original post by VoVaN37
Thanks!
How was you interview?

It was alright, but the pay and hours are the same as Primark, only difference being I can easily get overtime at Primark if needed, whereas with H&M its unlikely since there arent many people working there. So even if I do get it I'm going to say no, I need a job which offers me more hours. I hope I get the email, it'll be hard saying no to the job LOL. But instead of a brolly, she asked me to sell a giftcard! Giftcard! I was so ready for the brolly! So I chatted my way through it saying if you dont know what to buy for a friend's bday just put some money onto one of these and blah blah.
Reply 89
Eh... Still no call nor massage. People any advice? What should I do?
Reply 90
Original post by VoVaN37
Eh... Still no call nor massage. People any advice? What should I do?

Hi there, I have an interview in H&M in a week and I am absolutely excited as it is the perfect place to work! At the same time I am really concerned as I have booked a flight home from 13.11 to 17.11. Does this automatically mean I will not be offered the job? Even if I tell them that I'll be here on Christmas Eve, Boxing Day etc? (I also have a flight booked on 17.12 but be returning around 20ish if I get the job). I want to be honest and not hand in resignation a week before Christmas, but on the other hand I really want this job... Any advice?
Could h&m do work experience for secondary school students?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by scarletstarlet89
I currently work there and have for nearly 3 years now. At first I loved it but it gets EXTREMELY stressful. I've been signed off before with stress because I was trying to fit it around university and the managers in the one I work in are not very helpful (this doesn't go for every H&M by the way). They work on a 'throw you in the deep end' kind of way. You're literally left on the first day to try and clear rail etc because you don't get till trained for a few weeks. Most staff are lovely, but like any retail store, you get a few back stabbers and bitches. I loved it until we got new management this year. They will happily speak to you like **** or don't care about how you're feeling, then wonder why they have such a high sickness rate. It has become much more strict, and most of the managers power trip. They also run on favouritism, so if you're ready to brown nose you'll be right in there with the early shifts/early finishes and days off you want when requested. The good thing about them is the pay is pretty good (£6.44 an hour) and although I'm part time I get 5 weeks holiday a year. However, for the way some customers treat the store and the staff, I'm wondering whether it is worth it. I have found ALL KINDS in the fitting rooms; wee, poo, used nappies/sanitary towels, food and any kinds of trash which we are expected to clean. I've had customers swear at me, make me cry, knock shelves of stock onto the floor when getting angry, trash the shop on a daily basis, and generally treat you like shop because you 'only work in a shop'. You also have to work Christmas boxing day and new years, we only have 1 day off a year and that's Christmas. But hey, that's retail. If you're going to apply, be ready for copious amounts of tidying after people, hours on one till, busy weekends and a sudden hatred of people.:tongue:

I work for H&M and I feel exactly the same as the above. It's like you're describing my exact problems with the job. And I absolutely hate people these days it's unreal.
Original post by jamesenglish1
I work for H&M and I feel exactly the same as the above. It's like you're describing my exact problems with the job. And I absolutely hate people these days it's unreal.

I'm currently waiting for a reply from other jobs. It's retail again but it's in a quieter store and it's out of the city centre. And it's more based around what I want to do in the future. So fingers crossed, I'll be hounding my notice in soon!!
hey,

does anyone know what i could write for this question;

What is your reason for applying to H&M?

And also i read on the application that i will have to attach a cover letter for the sales advisor position. Anyone know what i could put in the cover letter? I really want this job but i usually suck when it comes to these type of questions

Thanks!!
Reply 95
Original post by rurounikenji
hey,

does anyone know what i could write for this question;

What is your reason for applying to H&M?

And also i read on the application that i will have to attach a cover letter for the sales advisor position. Anyone know what i could put in the cover letter? I really want this job but i usually suck when it comes to these type of questions

Thanks!!

Hey, I applied to hm the other day, I just said I like shopping at hm stores and that there is a great atmosphere within the stores ... And the have great fashion :smile:

Don't know how convincing it was but hopefully I'll get an interview ... All retail jobs I've applied for have rejected me so far - before interview ... My cv is quite bad though tbh :tongue:
Reply 96
Hi guys.

I got a phone call from H&M (the one at Regent Street) and I got a job as a Temp and I'm going for an 18 hour training next week. My question is, what does a guy wear during that training? In fact, what do you wear in general?
Well done for getting a summer job! I think you wear stuff from the store. Have you got any H&M clothes? Otherwise go casual.
Reply 98
Thank you :smile: I have a black jean from H&M and a denim shirt but it's too hot for that. I might go with a plain t-shirt.
Sounds great. Hope you do well in your job! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending