The Student Room Group

Media A2 Cwork - Analyse/Compare car adverts - any good suggestions?

I'm doing my A2 Media coursework on comparing 4 different car adverts, and I know of a few really opposite ones - e.g the new ford focus one which blatantly is aimed at a young stylish audience, against a land rover tough manly advert.

Just wondering if anyone has any stand out adverts that pop into their mind straight away, and also if you say why it'd help a great deal too!
Also if anyone knows adverts that focus on the style a great deal?? or perhaps the spec more if it's a cheaper make?!

Thanks
Reply 1
That's your coursework?
Sounds like what I have to do for my exam.

Have you tried looking at different eras of car adverts?
Which exam board are you with? That sounds a bit like one of my exams :s-smilie:
Reply 3
No - didn't think of that actually!! Just I'm relying on youtube alot, so that's probably why... I'll look into that though, thanks.

And I'm with AQA..
Would there be a problem for me to do something as my coursework which is similar to an exam? Tutors said it was fine when I told them the idea. :s-smilie:
Reply 4
love_is_noise
No - didn't think of that actually!! Just I'm relying on youtube alot, so that's probably why... I'll look into that though, thanks.

And I'm with AQA..
Would there be a problem for me to do something as my coursework which is similar to an exam? Tutors said it was fine when I told them the idea. :s-smilie:

No problem :smile:

Mines on OCR.
We have to do loads of research based on a topic of our own choice, and then write about it in the exam.
One of the topics was "advertising" and my friend is doing Car Advertisement. But I don't think it should matter that your coursework is similar to an exam. It's a different exam board after all :smile:
Reply 5
Oh - that's ok then! Saves me panicking!

So back to the original question.... anyone?
Reply 6
reddevilleanne
Which exam board are you with? That sounds a bit like one of my exams :s-smilie:

You with OCR?
j.rawr
No problem :smile:

Mines on OCR.
We have to do loads of research based on a topic of our own choice, and then write about it in the exam.
One of the topics was "advertising" and my friend is doing Car Advertisement. But I don't think it should matter that your coursework is similar to an exam. It's a different exam board after all :smile:

Sorry to hijack your thread, OP, but omg someone doing OCR! :p:
Are you doing the critical research exam tomorrow?
Mine's on advertising.. I don't really understand the 'cover sheet' pre release material thing that has
"Principle media texts referred to" and "Research resources used" ...what goes in what box?
Like if I've got books, academic articles and primary research for example.. what goes where? :frown:
My teacher tried explaining it to me but I still don't understand :rolleyes:

And just so its not completely off topic, OP have you thought about that advert with those two kids who act like adults? :s-smilie:
Reply 8
apassingfeeling
Sorry to hijack your thread, OP, but omg someone doing OCR! :p:
Are you doing the critical research exam tomorrow?
Mine's on advertising.. I don't really understand the 'cover sheet' pre release material thing that has
"Principle media texts referred to" and "Research resources used" ...what goes in what box?
Like if I've got books, academic articles and primary research for example.. what goes where? :frown:
My teacher tried explaining it to me but I still don't understand :rolleyes:

And just so its not completely off topic, OP have you thought about that advert with those two kids who act like adults? :s-smilie:

haha! I know the feeling, i've been trying to find someone on OCR.
Mine's on "women & film" - regretting it now. lol.

in "principle media texts" put what the actual source is, so i've put "internet, books, films"

and then in "Research resources used" put the websites you used, titles of the books, etc.
:smile:

Sorry OP. :smile:
Reply 9
apassingfeeling

Haha! Thread hijack.
Hmm do you remember what make of car it was? (or does it ring a bell to anyone??) Just do i can type it in Youtube and see what comes up - sounds exactly like what I am after though.
j.rawr
haha! I know the feeling, i've been trying to find someone on OCR.
Mine's on "women & film" - regretting it now. lol.

in "principle media texts" put what the actual source is, so i've put "internet, books, films"

and then in "Research resources used" put the websites you used, titles of the books, etc.
:smile:

Sorry OP. :smile:

Ahh that makes sense now, thank you!
I'm so glad as thats what i've pretty much done!

I'm doing women & advertising, also beginning to regret it :p:
But its better than my initial topic which was politics & the media!
I'm pretty sure I can waffle my way through this exam tomorrow :cool:

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 11
apassingfeeling
Ahh that makes sense now, thank you!
I'm so glad as thats what i've pretty much done!

I'm doing women & advertising, also beginning to regret it :p:
But its better than my initial topic which was politics & the media!
I'm pretty sure I can waffle my way through this exam tomorrow :cool:

Good luck! :smile:

That's okay. :smile:
ooooo politics & the media?
lol.

I'm doing my 4 pages of notes now. But my handwriting is massive, so it's not going well.
haha.

Good luck to you too :smile:
love_is_noise
Haha! Thread hijack.
Hmm do you remember what make of car it was? (or does it ring a bell to anyone??) Just do i can type it in Youtube and see what comes up - sounds exactly like what I am after though.

Ummmm...
I thiiiink it was for Vauxhall Zafira.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dsOry7qCkoA :smile:
j.rawr
That's okay. :smile:
ooooo politics & the media?
lol.

I'm doing my 4 pages of notes now. But my handwriting is massive, so it's not going well.
haha.

Good luck to you too :smile:

Thats what i'm doing too! Ive got psychology tomorrow as well though and I reaaally need to be doing that :rolleyes:
My handwritings really small :p: I think i'll end up taking like 2 pages in, I'm struggling to fill 4 :s-smilie:
Reply 14
apassingfeeling
Thats what i'm doing too! Ive got psychology tomorrow as well though and I reaaally need to be doing that :rolleyes:
My handwritings really small :p: I think i'll end up taking like 2 pages in, I'm struggling to fill 4 :s-smilie:

omg! i have psychology too. I gave up on that.
I might finish my notes and get back to that.
Sooooo stressed. :frown:
j.rawr
omg! i have psychology too. I gave up on that.
I might finish my notes and get back to that.
Sooooo stressed. :frown:

Thats what i'm planning to do :p:
I just can't be bothered, I know i'll regret it tomorrow though :frown:
Reply 16
apassingfeeling
Thats what i'm planning to do :p:
I just can't be bothered, I know i'll regret it tomorrow though :frown:

Same same.
But, ah well, C'est la vie. :smile:
Properly hijacked there..!!
Once again: Original question anyone?

Latest