The Student Room Group

Which gender make better teachers do you think?

Poll

Which gender make better teachers in general?

In general, male or females? I mean teachers as in school teachers, driving teachers. Id say female because men in general tend to be more laid back or lazy in my experience.

Scroll to see replies

I've never particularly noticed a difference (not that I pay attention in lessons anyway). Unless the males have a monotinous voice, that just destroys me :p:
Reply 2
This question is just as pointless as "which ethnic group make better teachers?"
Reply 3
Never noticed any difference.
Reply 4
Good and bad of both. It's more about the individual than their gender. I don't think that a particular sex is more suited to teaching.
I think that in terms of teaching standards they're around the same. But in my experience female teachers have more trouble controlling their class than males.

Not good seeing as beaing a teacher is my back-up plan and I'd female :p:
Female. Young, attractive, wears short skirt. Hmmm. All the male students will pay close attention to everything she says.
Reply 7
Across my education all the best teachers were male.

Lots of mediocre teachers were both male and female, in about an equal split.

But the very best were always male.
Reply 8
I think females generally make better teachers because they are able to (generally speaking) make personal connections with students.
I didn't have any good female teachers.
My best teachers were pretty much exclusively male. But this is probably luck of the draw. Even id say
Reply 11
freddythemonster
Female. Young, attractive, wears short skirt. Hmmm. All the male students will pay close attention to everything she says.

I don't think they'd be listening to what she's saying.
Reply 12
freddythemonster

XD same thing happens to young, hot, friendly male teachers (esp. in all-girls school)
Azayki
I don't think they'd be listening to what she's saying.

Bang on true. I got an A in the history class taught by an old hag, and a D plus an E in the ones taught by a fittie. And she still didn't date me. :confused:
Azayki
I think females generally make better teachers because they are able to (generally speaking) make personal connections with students.

I'm not so sure.

In terms of teaching boys I think it was essential for the teaching staff to be proficient in the use of innuendo, and be able to take the piss from those not doing the homework to an acceptable standard on a rather male note.

I think it helped to maintain discipline that things could turn into a pissing contest rather than getting focused on the actual rules.

Things like our chemistry teacher betting one of the class idiots a fiver he couldn't get an A in chemistry. The female teachers never seemed to engage in such tactics. They would also shy away if you questioned their working, or tried to push the subject beyond what you had to know for the syllabus.

In-fact the more I look back on it, the more lacking the female teachers were.
Reply 15
cats
i have to tell you, my cat just died!!!!!!!
Reply 16
only good female teacher i had was a fairly laddish lesbian, so males, generally.

unless you mean primary school teachers of course.
Males. Most of my favourite teachers have been males.

Females always get emotions get in the way. Like last year this female teacher cancelled a lesson because she was feeling moody. :no: That said, the older females, like 45+ are very good teachers. :yep:
Reply 18
primary women definately, we had one male teacher and the head master was male that was it.
Reply 19
bubbs2
cats
i have to tell you, my cat just died!!!!!!!

when are you going to get banned

Latest

Trending

Trending