The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
motherofpearl
I've always wondered where the stereotypical film pirates get their accent from?

Westcountry!
Reply 21
Scouse
Agzorns
Westcountry!

:five:
reprazent
Reply 23
I read somewhere (probably Wikipedia, so I wouldn't trust it) that the 'traditional' Pirate accent tends to be based on a Somerset accent.
Reply 24
foundintransmission
Haha yeah! See, Monkey Island and the like are games I always start, get stuck, and abandon :frown:

Ahh, yeah, everyone gets stuck on games like MI. Whenever I did though, I'd consult a walkthrough (some call it cheating but still, those games are impossible without them)... At least it means you get to play the whole game and wallow in the splendour of the numerous in-jokes :biggrin:
Reply 25
So according to this, my Westcountry accent sounds like a pirate! Oh well, I'm fine with that, I like pirates.
Reply 26
Cornish.
Carhll me an' feind out-uuuurgh
mimimimi
Ahh, yeah, everyone gets stuck on games like MI. Whenever I did though, I'd consult a walkthrough (some call it cheating but still, those games are impossible without them)... At least it means you get to play the whole game and wallow in the splendour of the numerous in-jokes :biggrin:

See I can't do that :p: I feel like I'm cheating, and even though I do get a sense of achievement but it just isn't the same.:no:
*has the urge to download day of the tentacle*
Reply 29
mimimimi
So according to this, my Westcountry accent sounds like a pirate! Oh well, I'm fine with that, I like pirates.

Me too :smile:
I've had many-a-pirate party!
Reply 30
Agzorns
Me too :smile:
I've had many-a-pirate party!

I can top most people's liking of pirates by showing them my tattoo of a pirate ship.
No, seriously. :biggrin:
Tech
somerset? it's not far from the coast :P

Arrr!! :pirate2:
Reply 32
mimimimi
I can top most people's liking of pirates by showing them my tattoo of a pirate ship.
No, seriously. :biggrin:

Theres liking pirates... And... Y'know :eyeball: LIKING pirates....... :waggle: :pirate2:
Reply 33
Agzorns
Theres liking pirates... And... Y'know :eyeball: LIKING pirates....... :waggle: :pirate2:

Haha... Well I have a strong naval background so I like ships and things in general :o:
It's not like I'm obsessed with pirates or anything :ninja:
Reply 34
mimimimi

It's not like I'm obsessed with pirates or anything :ninja:

I... um... BELIEVE you :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending