Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Egypt

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey i am going to Cairo this April!
    Any one been?
    If so any recommendation on where and what to do?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    We meet again :shifty:, and yeah ive been to cairo oddly enough, go to the museum place (you know the one!) and go on one of the river boat tours of the nile, sample local cuisine (pretty much a given i suppose) and go to Giza and see the pyramidss

(by the way, the inside pyramid tour was a bit crap, reli hot and loads of people there, had to crouch to get in, and there wasnt anything there in the end and the guy just shouted at every1 a lot, and by the way, it only rains in cairo 3 days a year apparently so some of the streets smell of pee!)

Hope that was helpful
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oladz)
    We meet again :shifty:, and yeah ive been to cairo oddly enough, go to the museum place (you know the one!) and go on one of the river boat tours of the nile, sample local cuisine (pretty much a given i suppose) and go to Giza and see the pyramidss

(by the way, the inside pyramid tour was a bit crap, reli hot and loads of people there, had to crouch to get in, and there wasnt anything there in the end and the guy just shouted at every1 a lot, and by the way, it only rains in cairo 3 days a year apparently so some of the streets smell of pee!)

Hope that was helpful
    You could have lied a bit... even just a little :shifty:
    Lol well im going there with my bellydance class, so will be dancing most of the time, just wanted to know if there was something half decent i could do when im not dancing :p:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    was amazing!
    went last year and also did a nile cruise where they dragged me up to belly dance lol.
    the museum i awesome! you have to pay extra to see the mummys in glass boxes but its worth it.
    i also bought a silver neclace with sum egyptian symbols on and went to a reed shop where they made me a bookmark and painted my name on lol.
    the pyramids are suprisingly close to the city and are breath taking however theres loads of kids begging which is really sad L(
    butt anyways i envy you! i definately wana go again!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    yeh ive been there but you really need to be hitting sharm el sheik probbally wrong time of the year but there is good clubbing cairos nice real busy
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydakiss)
    was amazing!
    went last year and also did a nile cruise where they dragged me up to belly dance lol.
    the museum i awesome! you have to pay extra to see the mummys in glass boxes but its worth it.
    i also bought a silver neclace with sum egyptian symbols on and went to a reed shop where they made me a bookmark and painted my name on lol.
    the pyramids are suprisingly close to the city and are breath taking however theres loads of kids begging which is really sad L(
    butt anyways i envy you! i definately wana go again!
    Sounds fantastic! I have been watching some history channels talking about the mummies and tombs, i so want to go, all the hieroglyphics look amazing!
    A cruise on the nile soungs good!

Im not really wanting to go for the clubs, just want a relaxing holiday and a factual one too!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydakiss)
    was amazing!
    I know what you mean about them being close to the city, and all the kids. We saw one get arrested and beat up by the police.

keep an eye out at all times, people will constantly try to sell you things, even the police! they all have losts of different tricks, and everything is asda price!

And, don't let anyone pull you up onto a camel!! You have to pay to get on, and they charge you a fortune to get off again! I know one bloke on my tour had to pay about £20 quid to get off the camel, so be careful.

The street sellers kinda ruined cario for me, it was really nice to go and see the pyrmids and cruise down the nile, but people constantly pestering you to buy something becomes very annoying!

oh, and drink plently of water. i went in the middle of july, and it was nearly 50C at the pyrmids, and i was very ill with sunstroke that night!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 22, 2009
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.