The Student Room Group

can my professor see my SOP?

I updated referee's information when I uploaded my SOP
I did not write the SOP the way my professor told me to (he gave me like how SOP should look) and I was wondering if he could look over my SOP.
I asked him to write reference letter for me a week ago and he still didn't upload it. I'm afraid that he would not write one if he looked at SOP. So my question is, cold he read my personal statement when he uploads reference letters?
Reply 1
It depends on the application form you're using, but probably not. It's usually a good idea to let your referees read through your proposal, though.
Reply 2
What about LSE?????? Can he read it???I showed my SOP to three profs, two of them liked it very much, one of them thought it looked sloppy. But he agreed to upload ref letter for me, but now he have not replied for a week! I live in South Korea, and prof are stricter than any other country :T
Reply 3
eun71117
What about LSE?????? Can he read it???I showed my SOP to three profs, two of them liked it very much, one of them thought it looked sloppy. But he agreed to upload ref letter for me, but now he have not replied for a week! I live in South Korea, and prof are stricter than any other country :T

I didn't apply to the LSE myself, so I don't know how their application form works exactly, but unless it's very unusual in that respect, referees won't actually be able to access your application, because there's no reason why they would need to. Usually referees upload their references to a separate location (mainly because the applicant isn't supposed to be able to read them when viewing his form). So you probably needn't worry about this.

If you want a definitive answer, though, I suggest that you try the LSE admissions enquiries service.
Reply 4
Waiting one week is really nothing. I gave my referees 2 months notice and some just about made the deadline.

Latest

Trending

Trending