The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
kevin543
strange..

No its called being open minded, and respectful of others beliefs. Being a well mannered person... There is a reason the word "probably" is used.
megzymonsta
This sign was actually made by the bible society. the woman who wrote it came to our church to tell us about it. there's definately a god though and he rocks

Oh dear.
Reply 82
Babylon By Bus
Oh dear.

lol this megzymonsta actually believes in god haha
Reply 83
joncgde2

What is this nonsense? If someone believes in God then yes, time is relative to God, since God created everything.

Garbage. Time is a human idea, based on the cycles of this planet, nothing else. I doubt 'time' in our context would be relative to an alien, let alone God (if either happened to exist).
Ewan
No I don't, but I respect those who do.

Thanks hun :blushing: I respect you to
kevin543
lol this megzymonsta actually believes in god haha

Yup and Jesus And the bible and anything else to do with my saviour and darn proud to say so
Reply 86
1. God is perfect.
2. A perfect being cannot want.
3. God wanted to create the universe.
Reply 87
kevin543
haha nice pic, glad to see another atheist:biggrin:

Umm I'm not an atheist... atheists are just as extreme as religious people.

Athiests believe the universe popped out of nowhere and just started functioning somehow.

But all you do is answer a question with a question. If the universe materialised somehow, how did THAT happen?

All you're doing is swapping out the word GOD and putting in something else.

I'm agnostic, because I don't believe God made the universe, because then the question arises as to who made God.

And I don't believe the universe popped out of nowhere, because then it had to have popped out of somewhere.

So as an agnostic I believe humans are incapable of ever finding out the ultimate truth... just like a dog will never be able to design a fighter jet.

Elipsis
He doesn't come and show himself because then it wouldn't be faith would it?

Gayest reasoning EVER. Your argument is invalid.

Religion is a bunch of stories, so it requires faith.

But you don't have faith, and then use religion to fill it.

I hate people saying "er why is it called a faith"

It's because religion has no proof - therefore the only way to believe it is to have faith that it's true.

But you can't justify believing in religion on the basis that it is a faith

You're using the words in two different ways, not cool.

WHO MADE GOD, OR WHERE DID HE COME FROM :mad:

And don't say "god is and always was and all that ever shall be"

That's too lame to even bother typing.
Reply 88
joncgde2
Umm I'm not an atheist... atheists are just as extreme as religious people.

Athiests believe the universe popped out of nowhere and just started functioning somehow.

But all you do is answer a question with a question. If the universe materialised somehow, how did THAT happen?

All you're doing is swapping out the word GOD and putting in something else.

I'm agnostic, because I don't believe God made the universe, because then the question arises as to who made God.

And I don't believe the universe popped out of nowhere, because then it had to have popped out of somewhere.

So as an agnostic I believe humans are incapable of ever finding out the ultimate truth... just like a dog will never be able to design a fighter jet.

Gayest reasoning EVER. Your argument is invalid.

Religion is a bunch of stories, so it requires faith.

But you don't have faith, and then use religion to fill it.

I hate people saying "er why is it called a faith"

It's because religion has no proof - therefore the only way to believe it is to have faith that it's true.

But you can't justify believing in religion on the basis that it is a faith

You're using the words in two different ways, not cool.

WHO MADE GOD, OR WHERE DID HE COME FROM :mad:

And don't say "god is and always was and all that ever shall be"

That's too lame to even bother typing.

there was a big bang.
god is a fake, get over it.
Reply 89
SillyFencer
Garbage. Time is a human idea, based on the cycles of this planet, nothing else. I doubt 'time' in our context would be relative to an alien, let alone God (if either happened to exist).

YOU are rubbish :mad: :biggrin:

Lol nah look I get what you're saying, but it's all cause and effect... god came from somewhere, or something

if not, there's the answer of what god was doing before he made the universe... think of it as levels of zooming... the universe is EVERYTHING, right? but god made the universe... so then that means that it is possible to zoom out one level further at least, from the universe... so then the universe CAN'T be everything

i don't know the answer, i don't believe anyone does, and thus i'm agnostic... but i'm not going to invent an answer cos it makes me feel good deep down

i don't see anything wrong with admitting we don't have the answer, and that we'll never know
Reply 90
joncgde2
YOU are rubbish :mad: :biggrin:

Lol nah look I get what you're saying, but it's all cause and effect... god came from somewhere, or something

if not, there's the answer of what god was doing before he made the universe... think of it as levels of zooming... the universe is EVERYTHING, right? but god made the universe... so then that means that it is possible to zoom out one level further at least, from the universe... so then the universe CAN'T be everything

i don't know the answer, i don't believe anyone does, and thus i'm agnostic... but i'm not going to invent an answer cos it makes me feel good deep down

i don't see anything wrong with admitting we don't have the answer, and that we'll never know

i'm starting to give up
kevin543
there was a big bang.

BANGBIG ENOUGH FOR YAH this bang is just as fake as the one you're rambling on about
Reply 92
megzymonsta
BANGBIG ENOUGH FOR YAH this bang is just as fake as the one you're rambling on about

if god is all good, why is it that he cant be bothered to show his face?
lol
Reply 93
kevin543
there was a big bang.

As gay as saying God made the universe.

Great, a big bang. Well guess what, now scientists are trying to find out what happened before the big bang.

So looks like your 'answer' isn't true... the big bang WASN'T the beginning of everything... and how could it be? All matter compressed into a tiny ball... how did it get there?

That line of reasoning is like building a road, and then just having it cut off... your story cuts off at the big bang... and just stops?

Where did that tiny ball with all the matter in it come from?

Your theory is as lame as religion... just inventing crap to feel good

Except athiests are even MORE gay than religious people, because you not only invent a story, but you USE that made up story to try to look down on religious people, all the while doing the exact thing they've done. tsk tsk

you don't know the answer and you never will... admit it... it will be nie to trace our steps further and further back, and i love science for its relentless pursuit of that - but we'll never be able to go back ALL the way
Reply 94
if you knew someone that read a book about santa claus and believed in him, would you think he was a bit crazy?
if you knew someone that read a book about jesus and believed in him, would you think he was a bit crazy?
kevin543
if god is all good, why is it that he cant be bothered to show his face?
lol

Because he's scared of getting your ugly mug staring back at him. LOL. he does you just can't be bothered to see him
"Probably" implies there it is more likely there is no god than there is one. This is in the same respect that a theist would come up to me and say "You're probably going to hell, start worrying.", and I would say 99% of them don't, so it does seem a bit unfair. Though if it said "In our personal opinion, we believe there is no god, and hence by our view point you should not worry about the possibility of a god who is in charge of your after-life existence" but it doesn't have the same ring to it.
Being agnostic is the easy way out, our signs just say "God? dunno lol".

Also, to the above discussion of the Big bang, it is a theory, though it is backed by evidence, and if it is not the true description of what happened then it would be surprising if it was something that was totally different. The point is, it doesn't disprove God, it actually brings about a need for one in a sense, there needs to be something that ultimately started everything. Whether or not this thing actually watches over us and decides our fates is a bit different, but something must be there...probably...so stopy worrying :p:
Reply 97
Amanda
I believe in God and have no worries about it. The end. :smile:

Same here. :smile:

I don't see why some people are so concerned about what other people think, believe, do, whatever.
Reply 98
*Lou*
Same here. :smile:

I don't see why some people are so concerned about what other people think, believe, do, whatever.

read my thread on reasons not to believe in god, and tell me you still believe in him.
kevin543
what do you think about this?
true or false

I think it accurately sums up the lion's share of today's society in Britain and the general attitude towards belief in God. Britain is a secular society, we don't need a pathetic little poster to tell us that.

I'm a Christian, so I know that not everyone believes there isn't a God, I'm just saying that by and large, people in Britain are secular, and that's just the fact of the matter.

Latest

Trending

Trending