The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Who's laughing now??!! [Maple Bank]

Just wanted to say that Maple Bank is no longer the scum of the earth. On wednesday i moved into refurbished maple bank. they are refurbishing it block by block, I presume that it's going to be all finished by septmeber, but we are the first block to move anyway, and its lovely!! It's just like ikea world!! We also now have 2 toilets!! (one in main bathroom and one separate), lovely new furniture in the bedrooms, a huge desk, new carpets etc, new kitchen units, new cooker, HUGE freezer, 2 fridges, a breakfast bar, stools, sofa......I am very happy!! and we are still paying the same rent!

hehehehehehehehehe (me laughing)

I suspect that the rent will rise somewhat for next year's intake though!

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know!! :-)

Ruthie xx
Reply 1
ruthiepoothie
Just wanted to say that Maple Bank is no longer the scum of the earth. On wednesday i moved into refurbished maple bank. they are refurbishing it block by block, I presume that it's going to be all finished by septmeber, but we are the first block to move anyway, and its lovely!! It's just like ikea world!! We also now have 2 toilets!! (one in main bathroom and one separate), lovely new furniture in the bedrooms, a huge desk, new carpets etc, new kitchen units, new cooker, HUGE freezer, 2 fridges, a breakfast bar, stools, sofa......I am very happy!! and we are still paying the same rent!

hehehehehehehehehe (me laughing)

I suspect that the rent will rise somewhat for next year's intake though!

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know!! :-)

Ruthie xx

cool i was considering maple bank as my accommodation for next year but i was put off by all the people moaning about it! now its back on my list again!!! thanks for the insight. just out of curiosity how big are the rooms in maple bank compared to any of the other s/c flats ant ideas??
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
taimma
cool i was considering maple bank as my accommodation for next year but i was put off by all the people moaning about it! now its back on my list again!!! thanks for the insight. just out of curiosity how big are the rooms in maple bank compared to any of the other s/c flats ant ideas??

Rooms are a similar size to those in Tennis Court- I think that the kitchen/lounge in some bits of tennis court (centre court) are bigger but the actual bedrooms are the same, if not slightly bigger. Elgar court wins hands down for size tho- its huge!!

I would really advise you to go to the accomodation open day and have a good look round them all!!

Ruthie xx

Latest

Trending

Trending