The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Becksy
My family actually won the euromillions but we lost the ticket. True story! :frown:

!!!!!!! that's so unlucky... :s-smilie: (oh well is this lucky or unlucky? lucky on the fact that u won euromillions lol)
i know a guy who won 250.000 grand on who wants to be a millionaire.
SpiritedAway
a man that used to live on our street when i was little once won a double rollover. good-on him really, he wasn't the wealthiest of men to start with. plus, he gave me a fiver because i chose one of his numbers :proud:

You shulda got more than a fiver, you picked one of the winning numbers :biggrin:

SpiritedAway
i once did the lottery on my 16th birthday and won a £10 :p:

No small change, we're talking about big money here :p:
Come on be fair if ur 18 and ur mum wins the lotto i doubt she would by you something stupidly fancy??? as you willl draw too much attention to yourself!! especially around the back lanes here lol, anyway her brand new black sporty corsa made me jealous!!
Reply 24
two old lady twins in my town won 3 million a few years ago. they haven't resurfaced since, haha!
Reply 25
<(". )>
gutted lol

Don't laugh at me :p:. I really am gutted and still haven't gotten over it. lol

My family could have had £6.9 million. :eek:
my friend also won 2k on a scratch card and i know someone else who one 18k on a scratch card!
My old maths teacher won like half a million.
:mad: (He hated my guts.)
Reply 28
Edye
!!!!!!! that's so unlucky... :s-smilie: (oh well is this lucky or unlucky? lucky on the fact that u won euromillions lol)

I am going to find a bridge and jump off it now lol.
Becksy

Hehe, I can imaging the frantic rushing around 'WHERE IS THE TICKET?!?!?' turning your house inside out kinda thing....How did you know you'd won anyway?
was there noway you could prove u had the ticket, i mean usually they know the area it was sold in dont they?
Becksy
I am going to find a bridge and jump off it now lol.

Reading your story almost physically hurt me. YEEEEEEEE OUCH
Becksy

Man, that would make me miserable for the rest of my life. I hope it's not having that kind of effect on you.

I'm surprised so many people put the lottery on when the odds of winning are like 14 million to 1. If you put one line on each draw you'd win on average once every 134615 years. I suppose people like to hope they'll be lucky.
Reply 33
nothingvoided
was there noway you could prove u had the ticket, i mean usually they know the area it was sold in dont they?

Nope. It was in the news that someone on my area who bought a ticket at somerfields (my mum lol) had won the lottery......I don't think that we could have proved it without the ticket. I was looking for it everywhere......someone must have thrown it away. :mad: :frown:
Reply 34
Yes the guy who used to clean my neighbour's windows...nice guy.

Oh and my textile teacher's sister won £37 million (or maybe Euros).
Reply 35
Becksy

Maybe your whole family could have been run over on your way to collecting it..
Reply 36
Yeah micheal Caroll lived down same road as me....now lives in town so still in same place. He is dodgy lol been put in prison and everything....Won on his first lotto ticket aswell....
Neville 'Facking' Bartos
You shulda got more than a fiver, you picked one of the winning numbers :biggrin:

No small change, we're talking about big money here :p:

yeah, but i was like six or seven at the time..£5 was a lot to me.
Reply 38
<(". )>
Hehe, I can imaging the frantic rushing around 'WHERE IS THE TICKET?!?!?' turning your house inside out kinda thing....How did you know you'd won anyway?

Yeah, thats what I did :biggrin: .

My mum had remembered the numbers and it was reported that someone in our area who bought a ticket at somerfields had won. :frown:
Reply 39
Fusion
Maybe your whole family could have been run over on your way to collecting it..

Yeah, maybe lol. That would have been much worse (if it was fatal).

Latest