The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

lilangel890
I'm after maths at Cambridge.

How do you approach your head of year etc as it is in term time??!

I think they are informed that you have applied, so would already know so you don't need to ask them.
Reply 61
I've applied for Economics at St. Andrew's

Any else applied for St. A's?
Whaaat someone help please!! On the Cambridge website it says:

Subject courses include Biological Sciences, Computer Sciences, Education, Engineering, English, Geography, History, Law, Modern & Medieval Languages, Music, Physics, Theology & Religion.

So does this mean they don't do maths? Whaaat???? Help please, I know Oxford do but Cambridge's info is useless.
lilangel890
Whaaat someone help please!! On the Cambridge website it says:

Subject courses include Biological Sciences, Computer Sciences, Education, Engineering, English, Geography, History, Law, Modern & Medieval Languages, Music, Physics, Theology & Religion.

So does this mean they don't do maths? Whaaat???? Help please, I know Oxford do but Cambridge's info is useless.

It looks like it, not all the uni's do every course. When you apply you should be able to view a drop down the list of the courses they offer.
Reply 64
Anyone else apply for Nottingham?

Also what is Mathematical routes, because I would like to study Economics and so had to put that down for it!
Hey,
Anyone applying for Oxford?

No-one I know even wants to apply.. *sigh*
Reply 66
I applied today for Music at Oxford :smile:
Reply 67
Hiya Jazjaz, loving the display picture :tongue: I applied for Economics at Nottingham too :woo: and yeah it was a bit non descript the bit about Mathematical Routes but hopefully its the right thing :confused: *fingers crossed*
Reply 68
I can't decide between applying for social sciences at Bristol or Law/Politics at Nottingham :confused: :frown:
chiquita
I can't decide between applying for social sciences at Bristol or Law/Politics at Nottingham :confused: :frown:

I would go for the Law/Politics one at Nottingham, purely because it says on your profile that you go to a grammar school therefore you've got a higher chance of getting into the Nottingham one. Bristol seem a bit more picky about the requirements- they will hold the fact you go to a grammar school against you as grammar schools normally get very good results & have high numbers of students going to top universities.
Reply 70
jelly1000
I would go for the Law/Politics one at Nottingham, purely because it says on your profile that you go to a grammar school therefore you've got a higher chance of getting into the Nottingham one. Bristol seem a bit more picky about the requirements- they will hold the fact you go to a grammar school against you as grammar schools normally get very good results & have high numbers of students going to top universities.

Ooh really thanks for that info, I didn't know that. I was warming more to the Nottingham one anyway so it's even more likely I'll opt for it now :smile: Thanks again!
chiquita
Ooh really thanks for that info, I didn't know that. I was warming more to the Nottingham one anyway so it's even more likely I'll opt for it now :smile: Thanks again!

I've also heard rumours Bristol are heading that way in terms of uni entrance as well, looking at the school a person did there GCSE's/A Levels in and taking it into account
I've applied for Law & Politics at Notts, doubt I will get it though, I'm not on EMA and my parents are both in fairly proffesional jobs. How much of the criteria do you meet?
Reply 72
jelly1000
I've applied for Law & Politics at Notts, doubt I will get it though, I'm not on EMA and my parents are both in fairly proffesional jobs. How much of the criteria do you meet?

Well the only one I don't meet is attending a school/college with low rates of progression to uni so fingers crossed! I need to get round to applying for it before the deadline but I'm still unsure of course. Everyone else seems so sure of what they want to study at uni - I've been going back and forth for ages between English and social sciences/law :s-smilie:
chiquita
Well the only one I don't meet is attending a school/college with low rates of progression to uni so fingers crossed! I need to get round to applying for it before the deadline but I'm still unsure of course. Everyone else seems so sure of what they want to study at uni - I've been going back and forth for ages between English and social sciences/law :s-smilie:

Good Luck, sounds like you've got a much better chance than me.
Reply 74
jelly1000
Good Luck, sounds like you've got a much better chance than me.

Good luck to you too :smile: At least you've applied anyway and hey, you never know!
chiquita
Good luck to you too :smile: At least you've applied anyway and hey, you never know!

Yeah, I guess thats what made me apply, the whole "what if"
Reply 76
Costs nothing to apply, so might as well have a go.

Anyone know when we get offers/rejections?
Reply 77
Parker007
Hiya Jazjaz, loving the display picture :tongue: I applied for Economics at Nottingham too :woo: and yeah it was a bit non descript the bit about Mathematical Routes but hopefully its the right thing :confused: *fingers crossed*

:yep:
i really wanna go notts in 2010, but doubt i will get in :frown:
Reply 78
calvinuk

Anyone know when we get offers/rejections?

Maybe it's individual to each uni? I checked on Oxford's website (where i've applied) and it says letters will be in the post by 30th April!
Reply 79
MissW
Maybe it's individual to each uni? I checked on Oxford's website (where i've applied) and it says letters will be in the post by 30th April!

Ahh I applied to Oxford so that's helpful :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending