The Student Room Group

UWIC vs GLAMORGAN for art - please help!!

I have been accepted to both UWIC and Glamorgan to do foundation art. I am totally stuck on where to go though! Does anyone here attend either? Or can give me some advice on what you think??

I live in Cardiff, so UWIC is closer for me, just a short bus journey. Glamorgan is a bus journey to the city centre and then a 20 minute train journey to the campus, so it's loads extra for the cost of the train.
However, Glamorgan foundation is a free course whereas I'd have to pay the standard fee for UWIC. So I either pay a load of dosh for the course plus the bus fee, or I go to a free course but pay for bus fee AND train fee.

Glamorgan is smaller for the art dept and it's a mixed campus whereas UWIC is an art only campus and is bigger. The facilities seem the same though, and the layout and things you learn in this course is the same. The teachers seem a lot more friendly at Glamorgan though..something which is nicer when you have to see them everyday!!

One last thing is with UWIC you have fridays off...fab for me cos I can work then, I rent privately and have a lot of outgoings with no financial support from family etc. I am not sure of Glamorgan and their timetable, I know a few people who go and they do 4 days, roughly, so maybe it depends on the subject.

Any advice on which I should go for? I am totally stuck, I'm rubbish at making decisions, especially with this as both courses look really good. Eek
Reply 1
uwic suppose to be very good for their 3d and interior course.
once, i had been thinking about degree course with brighton, mmu and uwic.

eventaully,i got all the offers, and i choose manchester as the city is so cool and the uni!! but i still think cardiff is a great design uni and brighton as well!!

hope it helps:biggrin:
Reply 2

Thanks, I'm gona go with uwic. I only choose south wales universities cos I don't want to move away!

Latest