The Student Room Group

Au pair in Nottingham

Hi people!

I'm a new member here! I've been lurking around these forums for a while, and finally I decided to register!

I'm currently on my gap year and now I'm working as an au pair in Nottingham. I'm planning on staying here for 6 months (that is if I survive since the kids are pretty damn tough!). I know no one here besides the au pair family, and even though the family is great, all this adult and kiddy companionship is driving me nuts! I would really love to get to know some people my age (~18-20ish) to hang out with! So I'm just wondering if there is anyone here who would like to hang out with a really nice and great girl (= me! :yep:) who lives in Nottingham?

Don't miss out on this great chance and see ya soon hopefully! :p:
Reply 1
aw bles! aint that cute :P
Reply 2
Hej!

A fellow Swede! I really hope you'll find some ppl around there to hang out with. Make them to show Nottingham for you!

Cmon now PPL, show her how you live life in Notts.
LOL, how come you ended in Notts, not the usual choice.
I live in Nottingham but am going travelling in 7 days, sorry!
Where abouts in Notts are you?
If you want to meet people go to Rescue Rooms/Rock City or Oceane depeding on your music choice, Malt Cross on St James' Str. (just off Market Square), one of the millions of Neros/Starbucks/Costas/Prets etc
Just venture into town
I will echo the Malt Cross. It is AMAZING... I really love it in there (it's opposite the Weatherspoons which used to be the non smoking one, if you ask people they will know where you mean)

I will reply to this properly tomorrow. Sadly, I'm a Nottingham-ite who has moved away from there- I won't be back home until March and thats only for a couple of days. But I can give you some ideas of places to meet people in town. I love Nottingham! I'd have gone for a drink with you if I still lived at home...
Welcome to Nottingham Yit :smile: -I've been born and raised in Nottingham and it's a really nice city indeed as you'll come to discover :smile:

I also concur the Malt Cross is a fantastic place indeed -the first time I hear of there I went there with some mates on the last day of sixth form and had a really great time , the waffles they serve come particularly highly recommended.Been back once since with some uni mates and they are quite impressed with the place.

Plenty to do here in Nottingham , there's the main nightclubs Oceana , Ocean , Isis (which I've got no interest in at all!) , the Bodega is a fantastic place really and they have plenty of indie gigs going on the.We also have the Nottingham Eye which is fantastic - they had a large ferris wheel put up in Old Market Square nearly a year ago and it was massive success so much so it stayed open for a month longer than planned.
Reply 6
Yit
OP
Thanks for the replies and advice guys! So this Malt Cross which everyone seems to be talking about, is it a pub (that serves waffles apparently?) or is it just a café/restaurant?

conroe-killed-the-k8-star, so you live and study in Nottingham, right? Are you doing anything at any of the places mentioned above this coming or next weekend? If you are, maybe I could join you and your friends? You won't regret it if I do! ^_^

Latest