The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Writing stuff repeatedly doesn't really drill knowledge into your brain as miraculously as you might expect it to. You'll probably forget most of that stuff in the real exam or just confuse yourself if you're asked anything unconventional. So if you aren't at a panic-level cramming stage try to actually understand the material as thoroughly as you can. There's no real trick to it, just be honest with yourself.

After reading lecture slides or notes ask yourself whether you could explain the topic to somebody if those materials weren't there. Then grab someone and try to, whether they like it or not. Also, if a fact you need to know is just too dull or senseless, look up some background info on wikipedia and the fact will seem more interesting/explainable, and easier to remember. Lastly, eat snackfoods (but honest snackfoods.)
I read over all my notes and then I check the syllabus to make sure that the notes covered all the necessary topics! I then re-read and re-read and re-read and re-read until I don't wanna see those words again or something good on tv comes up really!! :p:

I do not use and will never use past papers!! They scare me as I usually cannot do them!!

And I try not to write out notes because it's a lot of work and, quite frankly, I'm too lazy... :biggrin:
I get a piece of paper. I write down some brief important notes about each topic in a subject. I fold it up.

Each time I go for a smoke I read over it while I'm smoking. That's a good 30m revision in one day without even noticing.

That's one way at least.
Reply 23
with girlfriend.... much more memorable :P
I write big drawn out notes, then summarise these notes, then memorise them.

Or if i buy a revision guide copy out all the notes in there then try and remember as much as possible. then i go back to revision guide and memorise as much as possible from there jotting down notes higgldypiggldy on a piece of bank paper.
Reply 25
I eat the revision notes hoping that it will somehow get to my brain
Reply 26
mehowee
I eat the revision notes hoping that it will somehow get to my brain

better off pushing it into youre ear.... it being connected and all
dasmojo
better off pushing it into youre ear.... it being connected and all

That's a good idea, I should try that sometime :rolleyes:
Reply 28
Bagration
I get a piece of paper. I write down some brief important notes about each topic in a subject. I fold it up.

Each time I go for a smoke I read over it while I'm smoking. That's a good 30m revision in one day without even noticing.

That's one way at least.

I thought you were about to say you fold it up, then you smoke it :P

One to try maybe?
Psycho
I thought you were about to say you fold it up, then you smoke it :P

One to try maybe?
LOL
Reply 30
get home from school, procrastinate for 5 hours, then work until 4am and I can't keep my eyes open anymore.
Reply 31
A genius idea of mine

Night before my politics as exam this week, i went to bed at 10pm, woke up at 4am and drove to my friends house and picked him up. Went and picked up a mcdonalds breakfast from a 24 hour mcdonalds, parked the car right outside school and basically taught ourselves the entire course and crammed and crammed and crammed, and walked straight into the exam room and exploded all over the page.

I suggest you don't use my method until I find out how I did come May.
Kiyon
A genius idea of mine

Night before my politics as exam this week, i went to bed at 10pm, woke up at 4am and drove to my friends house and picked him up. Went and picked up a mcdonalds breakfast from a 24 hour mcdonalds, parked the car right outside school and basically taught ourselves the entire course and crammed and crammed and crammed, and walked straight into the exam room and exploded all over the page.

I suggest you don't use my method until I find out how I did come May.

Hehe, that's madness! I think you mean March, not May :smile: Hope I don't have to wait that long!
Reply 33
Redpanda91
Hehe, that's madness! I think you mean March, not May :smile: Hope I don't have to wait that long!

I'll be honest with you, I had no idea where I was during that exam, the can of Relentless made me a nervous wreck! As soon as the exam finished, I went home and slept, and woke up the day after

And yes March, excuse me I'm still a bit delirious :biggrin:
Reply 34
SoapyDish
Make a Powerpoint Presentation of notes from the syllabus/textbook, with a page for each section.

Write a load of questions on flashcards in the evening, write the answers on the back the next day, and then get someone to test you (Mum, Dad, sister, cat, milkman...)

u have a milkman WTF. u must bee sum rich goon fam. milkman from round my way would get sucked.
Reply 35
DEXDUZDIZ
u have a milkman WTF. u must bee sum rich goon fam. milkman from round my way would get sucked.

I have a milkman...
We're not really rich and whatnot. Normal area.

Anyways. =D How I revise...
I write notes whilst reading my books or revision guides on whatever subject - usually until that section of the module is over - then I read the notes, turn the page and try to write what I remember (but I write these in like bullet points or something short). I then look back and compare, if I get things wrong, I correct them and then try again until I get everything right.

Then to the same for the next section.
If I can't be bothered to do that, I just read the book/guide. If you don't feel like revising, the least you can do is read - even if you don't think it's going in 100%.

Latest

Trending

Trending