The Student Room Group
Reply 1
It could be really difficult to find any legitimate work at 17, I think France is a bit strict with stuff like that. I'm just finishing my A2 and wanna do the same kind of thing as prep for uni. I'm planning to do French lessons in France for a month. My friend did the same kind of thing in Paris and found it really beneficial. She found a room really easily, seh's doing a flat share. L'alliance Francaise has French schools all over the country (about 300 of them I think!). It's 400euros for a month's lessons, 2 1/2 hrs a day. Or 600 euros the same thing with an extra 1 1/2 oral work a day. I was thinking of going to Lyon and staying a month in a hostel, they're about a tenner a night.

Other option (travel) is to interrail around France... You buy a kind of travelcard which can be for a week, 2 weeks or a months and you can choose from certain zones, like the whole of Europe or just France, Belgium and the Netherlands. Type interrail into google and see. I'm doing it around Europe in August with friends, should be a blast! Good luck anyway, hope this helps a little!
Im a similur situation to you, doing a/s need to improve my french by spending the summer in france. Except my parents want me stay with a family...and not work.

If i find any information ill pass it on to you, it sounds like quite a boring thing to do unless you end up in st tropez or somewhere nice like that.
yeah, i wanted to do that before I go to uni, in both langs, to practise, except I really want to work and earn money too! let me know if you find anyhitng interesting!
Reply 4
I'm sure you'd be able to find some slightly illegal cash-in-hand work in a touristy place or something.
Reply 5
viciouscircle
I'm currently studying french AS Level and want to improve my french for A2 by working/travelling in France this summer. Anyone have any ideas or ever done this? I will still be 17 in summer so maybe my options are limited but if you've any ideas let me know.

I don't think it's a good idea to improve you french by travelling or working, if you did this, you would have few chande to speak french, this is true. I suggest you to take some courses in France, then you have a lot of chances to speak it. and you will meet a lot a people, that's funny,
and I am studying in France now, if I can help you more, n'hésite pas de me le dire
Reply 6
I am currently in France and have been taking a course here since September. I would reccomend this program www.eustudyabroad.com . The prices are in us DOLLARS so I reckon its very reasonable for you. They accept people from wherever and they offer month long intensive language courses. You could take a couple during the summer. You would be at the University of Grenoble in the Alps. Highly reccomended.

Latest

Trending

Trending