The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Dumdedoobie
But that's the problem, I end up having full on relationships that I'm not happy innnn.

This wasn't a real relationship but when I was 11 I was this boy's "girlfriend" for like a year or so, purely because I thought it would be mean to "break up" with him after a couple of weeks of him "asking me out".
thing is, we were 11, and we didn't hold hands or talk to each other much. Or hang out at playtime. We walked to school together though. And even when I finally "broke up" with him he burst into tears. For hours. We were only 12! I'm not sure who was more traumatised! I later found out that he was genuinely upset for months. :frown:

Since then I've always been good at saying no beforehand, but can never break up with a guy!
Reply 22
Dumdedoobie
:hugs: Hatechooo.

:shock:

Too mean :frown:
Reply 23
Dumdedoobie
Out of curiousity, does anyone else have a problem saying no to guys/girls?
The majority of the times I've been asked out, I haven't liked the guy in that way, but I still say yes. Even if I don't want to.

It just seems unfair to say no, especially if they're shy, cause they've like worked up the courage to ask you.

Thoughts?

I know exactly what you mean! There was this lad that wouldn't stop asking me out, and i really really did not fancy him in any way, but he wouldn't stop, so i said yes. I think we lasted 2 weeks, which consisted of me telling him i dont like PDAs which is why i wouldnt hug, kiss or hold hands with him :wink: and wen he asked about sex, i said i dont believe in sex until marriage :P I then found out he was going to dump me for another girl, so i got in there first :P We were still mates afterwards :P lol.. funny times, i was 16 so not extremely mature :P

:party:
Reply 24
I cant say no either... :frown: i broke up with my boyfriend via facebook... oops
learn to say if you end up having relationships that your not happy in. Saying no will not cause harm, unless the guy is absaloutly mad about, and possessive but come on, woman, JUST SAY NO, do you want to be happy or unhappy?? next guy who asks you out, and you dont fancy or anything and you know the relationship will suck,, i dare you to say NO, sorry im not up for a relationship, in that way your being kind of nice, and letting him down.
Reply 26
Dumdedoobie
But that's the problem, I end up having full on relationships that I'm not happy innnn.

Lol. Well, my sister said yes to a guy she originally didn't fancy, and she ended up in a 3-year relationship with the guy. It didn't work... :rolleyes: She now gonna marry someone else lol.
Reply 27
cortex21
Well that explains the other thread you have about how to break up, the first thing you have to do if you don't like him then just say some form of white lie with some truth in it like e.g 'Really sorry, I don't see you that way at the moment (giving them hope/chance if you must be nice) and also at the moment I ain't looking for someone at the moment (even if you are, not don't get caught with another guy), and if it alls fail and you can't stop being nice (trust me I know how you feel, too nice for our own good) then the best you can do is really say is ''I don't feel any special connection with you anymore (again if you must nice), so I don't want you to continue believing that we do, so I suggest that we have to see other people' say sorry and hug them and say your goodbyes.

Thats the best I can think of, usually I am the guy who gets shot down when asking a girl, never the other way around...

Awwww.
Well that was a really nice way to put it anywho.
Reply 28
SillyFencer
:shock:

Too mean :frown:

I was kiddinggg. :rolleyes:
Wuv woooo. :love:
Reply 29
Kaykiie
I know exactly what you mean! There was this lad that wouldn't stop asking me out, and i really really did not fancy him in any way, but he wouldn't stop, so i said yes. I think we lasted 2 weeks, which consisted of me telling him i dont like PDAs which is why i wouldnt hug, kiss or hold hands with him :wink: and wen he asked about sex, i said i dont believe in sex until marriage :P I then found out he was going to dump me for another girl, so i got in there first :P We were still mates afterwards :P lol.. funny times, i was 16 so not extremely mature :P

:party:

Hahahah!
I like your style!
PDAs and no sex before marriage!
+Rep for you my friend!
:yep:
Reply 30
Dumdedoobie
I was kiddinggg. :rolleyes:
Wuv woooo. :love:

:biggrin:
Reply 31
SillyFencer
:biggrin:

See I can be a loverly person. :p:
Reply 32
Dumdedoobie
See I can be a loverly person. :p:

It's not true what they all told me then.
I have a hard time saying no in general really. So usually if people ask a lot of me, I'll often say yes as I feel awkward saying no to people. I feel like I'm letting them down. If you don't like someone then you're just going to have to let them know as bad as it sounds. In the long run, you'll hurt them even more if you keep them tagging along.
Reply 34
I always said yes because I thought, "well, you never know" and it was rubbish. Go with your gut instinct and make an excuse to start off with then tell him gently after.
Reply 35
Dumdedoobie
Hahahah!
I like your style!
PDAs and no sex before marriage!
+Rep for you my friend!
:yep:

Why thankyou :P
I was quite proud of myself at the time :wink:

:love: I love my boyfriend now though :love:
Hahaa i saw that lad the other day when i was with my current boyf -
very very funny :P I forgot what i'd said and we were kissing etc :s-smilie: lol
Reply 36
SillyFencer
It's not true what they all told me then.

:eek: Say whaat? :frown:
Reply 37
Kaykiie
Why thankyou :P
I was quite proud of myself at the time :wink:

:love: I love my boyfriend now though :love:
Hahaa i saw that lad the other day when i was with my current boyf -
very very funny :P I forgot what i'd said and we were kissing etc :s-smilie: lol

Rightly so!
Haha
Awww :smile:
saw what?
I'm confused :p:

Edit: Ohh the guy!
Ahahaha :p:
what if you say "no" but they keep asking you, i think its just a reflex of saying yes to be honest, i cans top myself :frown: and i hate me for being like that lol
Reply 39
I used to find it hard to say no.

Latest

Trending

Trending