The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Gay, obviously.
Reply 61
i'm bi... so no brainer for me :p:
I would kill myself. :yep:
Reply 63
Well, I'm a practicing homosexual (I don't like the term Gay); and if I had to choose between straight or aesexual I would be aesexual.

The thought of doing anything with a woman is quite abhorrent.
Reply 64
teaboy
Well, I'm a practicing homosexual

Don't worry, you'll get there eventually:p:

(sorry lame joke)
Reply 65
I know I've already answered (sort of) but I think I'll expand on it. I think it's generally easier to be happy as a homosexual than an asexual, but it depends. If you're gay then there's still a lot of other gay people that might be willing to have a relationship with you. But if you're asexual but still want an intimate relationship without sex, then I think it would be harder to find someone willing to go out with you. Of course you might be an asexual without the desire for intimate relationships in which case that doesn't matter. Or you might be an asexual who doesn't mind having sex, just doesn't particularly want to, in which case there's probably still a fair few people who might go out with you.
hunty91
Gay, any day of the week. The homophobia is rampant in this topic! So some of you guys would lose ALL sexual feelings in place of being in the minority?

:p: You do realise that being ase is even more of a minority? :rolleyes:

Notebooksecrets
You know it's possible to be both, right?

After me own heart...

I'd rather be me obviously, and tbh, I like being kinda most of the way towards both.

/Is both options, thus wins thread. :awesome:

Psyk
I know I've already answered (sort of) but I think I'll expand on it. I think it's generally easier to be happy as a homosexual than an asexual, but it depends. If you're gay then there's still a lot of other gay people that might be willing to have a relationship with you. But if you're asexual but still want an intimate relationship without sex, then I think it would be harder to find someone willing to go out with you. Of course you might be an asexual without the desire for intimate relationships in which case that doesn't matter. Or you might be an asexual who doesn't mind having sex, just doesn't particularly want to, in which case there's probably still a fair few people who might go out with you.

Quoted for truth.
Reply 67
emmarainbow
:p: You do realise that being ase is even more of a minority? :rolleyes:

Good point. What I should have said was "targeted minority." You don't often see asexuals getting crap :p:.
DoMakeSayThink
When you're done calling all the people who chose 'asexual' homosexual, you might want to look at the fact that your very keenness to tell the world how you never look at guys smells a little of latent homosexuality in itself.

As for the original question, I'll choose to avoid dignifying it with an answer. It's too stupid to entertain.

Spoken like a true repressed homosexual.
Reply 69
hunty91
Good point. What I should have said was "targeted minority." You don't often see asexuals getting crap :p:.

To be fair, that's because there aren't that many asexuals around let alone ones that are open about it. I think if someone comes out as asexual they'd normally get quite a lot of crap for it. Maybe not as hateful as some people are towards homosexuals, but probably a lot of ignorance and not being taken seriously. Plus there's the fact that there's generally less need to come out as such because you can be in a fulfilling, non-secret relationship without everyone knowing you're ase. That's not really possibly if you're gay.
hunty91

Look around TSR, you'll find plenty of people saying I'm mentally ill, and I've been told I may as well be dead plenty of times... even on this thread.

Hell, I can still be diagnosed with weird **** from a psychologist :sigh:

Admittedly, I get pity, not violence, but it's still pretty frustrating and disempowering; was awful when I thought I was crazy when I was 14 because I didn't fancy anyone... Sugar magazine lied to me!

Also, NUS LGBT won't allow me to get involved because I don't define correctly, even if I have a gf I don't 'experience the same discrimination' so I'm not allowed to join in. :shifty:
Reply 71
Psyk
To be fair, that's because there aren't that many asexuals around let alone ones that are open about it. I think if someone comes out as asexual they'd normally get quite a lot of crap for it. Maybe not as hateful as some people are towards homosexuals, but probably a lot of ignorance and not being taken seriously. Plus there's the fact that there's generally less need to come out as such because you can be in a fulfilling, non-secret relationship without everyone knowing you're ase. That's not really possibly if you're gay.

Yeah, I guess. The point is, I'd pick being gay over having nothing, discrimination or not.
Psyk

:p: Stop stealing my postage!

You are awesomes. :biggrin:
hunty91
Yeah, I guess. The point is, I'd pick being gay over having nothing, discrimination or not.

'having nothing'??

Jeez...
Reply 74
emmarainbow
'having nothing'??

Jeez...

An exaggeration perhaps, but I can't imagine living without any sort of sexual feelings at all. I am a guy, after all.
Reply 75
emmarainbow
:p: Stop stealing my postage!

You are awesomes. :biggrin:

I might as well just put it in a quote with your name on it:p:
It's all paraphrased from stuff you've said.

I guess it's pretty good that I can grasp the idea of being ase despite being on the complete opposite end of the spectrum:wink:
gay of course
Hetero
Reply 78
jaydoh
Hetero

not an option in this ''game''. try again.

Latest