The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Sainsburys :frown:
we shud be happy for having jobs, there people out there who cant afford repayments on bills!
Reply 62
This thread is making me very happy! I thought I was the only person with a soul destroying gap year job! My friends who are on gap years all have really fun jobs that pay double the amount I get paid!!!
Emmerald
This thread is making me very happy! I thought I was the only person with a soul destroying gap year job! My friends who are on gap years all have really fun jobs that pay double the amount I get paid!!!

where do you work and how much you on and where do they work haha lol
i need a job thats another interview i have well and truely blown. My interview technique sucks.
A/V Technician at my old school, good money (£7.90) and an easy job. Enjoying it alot.
Reply 66
Working on a deli counter in sainsburys!!

where the temperature is about 6 degrees for the whole 9 hour days!
where ALL but 1 other full timer is at least 60 years old, and even the other full timer that isnt is 25!
where they are all really 2 faced
where i have to wear a trilby with a hairnet
where my manager is such a douche (isnt that with all jobs?)
where im now sworn enemies with 2 of my ex friends at work!
where i cant look at any hot girls, because all the customers are pensioners who want ox tongue or brawn
where i serve ox tongue and brawn
where no matter how much money i earn, i still spend more!

THATS a soul destroying job!
Millets.

I got told off for not putting price labels on shoe boxes in a straight line, and my pricing duties were revoked.

UGH
silver_spider
Millets.

I got told off for not putting price labels on shoe boxes in a straight line, and my pricing duties were revoked.

UGH

lol got carried away with the power, should of wacked the labeler off their heads.
Reply 69
is it wrong that this thread is actually making me feel better about my gap year lol? :biggrin:

I was really worried that compared to all the gap years you here about on the student room (travelling here, there and everywhere) mine would just look pants.

it's just working working working and experience like everyone else in this thread. im glad other people are experiencing the same problems/emotions/bad times/good times like me :smile:

aside from that, i dont have any current travel plans. does a week holiday count as travelling, ha?
Reply 70
Yeah my gap year so far has been working part-time in a shop. Then I lost my job. So now I'm unemployed. Its going to look sooooo good on my cv..
On the plus side I'm hoping to work in America in the summer at a camp with BUNAC. :biggrin:
Just need a little job to keep me going for the meantime...
Reply 71
I wish I could even find a job, even a soul-destroying one
Try Primark for mundane and soul destroying. Also, the effects of that sexy beast 'credit crunch' has meant I'm only getting about 16 hours a week now. Not enough to live off - let alone save! Though the lazy part of me wants to thank it for giving me my lie ins back :smile:

Latest