The Student Room Group

Is it OK to go to this year's open days, even though I have an offer?

I went on a school trip to Cambridge (specifically Fitzwilliam, but we were allowed a short look around as well) last year, back when I didn't even know if I was applying. I'd not even took my ASs then, and so the concept of applying to university, let alone Oxbridge was quite alien and so I just sort of saw the thing as a nice look around a nice place.

I didn't get much of a look around at my interview either, and still don't even know that much about my college (Homerton).

I've seen other people who have been invited to offer holders open days at other universities. Will I be invited to one of these in the coming year, and if not, would it be OK to go on an applicants one, just to get a feel for the college and stuff? I'm definitely going to accept the offer, but I'd just like to know what it was going to be like before I properly went.

OH NO. I meant DO have an offer. How do I change the title?
Reply 1
I'll sort the title for you.

And yes you can go to an applicant's day, they aren't going to question you. However it might be a better idea to say to contact the College and tell them you were pooled and would like a look round. They will be more than happy to accommodate you :smile:
Reply 2
FadedJade
I'll sort the title for you.

And yes you can go to an applicant's day, they aren't going to question you. However it might be a better idea to say to contact the College and tell them you were pooled and would like a look round. They will be more than happy to accommodate you :smile:

I wasn't actually pooled, I applied there straight without checking it out or looking around or anything (which perhaps was a mistake, but oh well).

That would be OK, then? Is it similar with departmental open days? Do they even exist?

Oh, and thanks for the title :smile:
Reply 3
Oh sorry, I didn't really read it properly, but yeah it'll be fine. It's not so similar with departments, but you can always email yours and ask! The worst thing they can do is say no and you can turn up on an open day. Although usually with the departments there isn't actually all that much to look at, so if you don't you wont really be missing anything.

You could try and get a Homerton student doing the same subject to show you round when you go to visit, they try to get undergrads of the same subject in case you have any questions.
Reply 4
FadedJade
Oh sorry, I didn't really read it properly, but yeah it'll be fine. It's not so similar with departments, but you can always email yours and ask! The worst thing they can do is say no and you can turn up on an open day. Although usually with the departments there isn't actually all that much to look at, so if you don't you wont really be missing anything.

You could try and get a Homerton student doing the same subject to show you round when you go to visit, they try to get undergrads of the same subject in case you have any questions.

Oh, OK great. Thanks very much :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending