The Student Room Group
Reply 1
errm
Reply 2
Southport25
wots the difference beween mitiary poice, poilice and the army, is it a mixture of them both? and wot would u do?

The miltary poilice is a regiment of the army that polices it. My boss did it until she got married + loved it.

Do you live in Southport? (hence the name)

lou xxx
Reply 3
Blamps
the millitary police are not exactly popular among servicemen and their children alike

Basically, the millitary police are responsible for keeping order in bases, arresting people for millitary offeneces, and they are sometimes guarding bases i.e with police dogs, at the gate etc. although it varies I have seen...also, the officers in the millitary police I believe would have more of an administrative role and personnel management duties
Army - huge variety really can u be more specific
Police - upholding the law of the country, very different life style from the services - do u serioously not know the difference?
Reply 4
lou p
The miltary poilice is a regiment of the army that polices it. My boss did it until she got married + loved it.

Do you live in Southport? (hence the name)

lou xxx

they do not hold the power of the law of the country though...and from a forces perspective, there is a different relationship between servicemen and millitary police than say civi police to citizens
Reply 5
yea i live in southport fireworks goin off everywhere!!

i do no the difference i just meant, o now i read it it doesnt look gud i duno wot i meant, but i knew what the army and police were i was just wunderin wot the military police where kinda in relation with them... i think :biggrin:
Reply 6
Southport25

i do no the difference i just meant, o now i read it it doesnt look gud i duno wot i meant, but i knew what the army and police were i was just wunderin wot the military police where kinda in relation with them... i think :biggrin:

if you wanna get the best job in the forces, join as an officer pilot...that is very worthwhile as long as u can avoid the American anti-aircraft fire
Reply 7
Southport25

wow! i live in southport too! no-one else on this board seems to know where it is! yeah, there are loads of fireworks where i am- it's because there's the big display at the rugby club in hillside. What school do you go to?/ what year are you in?

lou xxx
Reply 8
greenbank year11 u?
wow no one ever nos where southport is i just say im in liverpool!!
Reply 9
Southport25
greenbank year11 u?
wow no one ever nos where southport is i just say im in liverpool!!

i'm in my 2nd year at KGV, i always say liverpool too. u should register + then private message me.

lou xxx
Blamps
Basically, the millitary police are responsible for keeping order in bases, arresting people for millitary offeneces, and they are sometimes guarding bases i.e with police dogs, at the gate etc. although it varies I have seen...also, the officers in the millitary police I believe would have more of an administrative role and personnel management duties
Army - huge variety really can u be more specific
Police - upholding the law of the country, very different life style from the services - do u serioously not know the difference?

I think you are getting the Royal Military Police (a regiment of the army) http://www.army.mod.uk/rhqrmp/ mixed up with the MOD Police (who are technically civilians) http://www.mod.uk/mdp/

The former deals with discipline and offences within the army, the latter more does the security of military installations.
Reply 11
Southport25
wots the difference beween mitiary poice, poilice and the army, is it a mixture of them both? and wot would u do?

Basically the MP (military police) is much easier than the normal police because basically they are just glorified bouncers. They have to deal wth pissed squadies, break-up fights and that kind of thing.
Reply 12
Blamps
if you wanna get the best job in the forces, join as an officer pilot...that is very worthwhile as long as u can avoid the American anti-aircraft fire

Practically impossible, loads of people apply to be officer pilots and all have usually served in the army, navy or RAF for at least 10 years already. They select people who they think have the qualities to become a pilot who are already in the armed forces, not just anybody with a degree in physics etc.
Reply 13
Unregistered123
Practically impossible, loads of people apply to be officer pilots and all have usually served in the army, navy or RAF for at least 10 years already. They select people who they think have the qualities to become a pilot who are already in the armed forces, not just anybody with a degree in physics etc.

Admittedly, there are HUNDREDS of applicants for every slot in flying training in all three services, but your previous service doesn't matter that much.

Now, currently doing Basic Fast Jet Training in the RAF there's about 6-10 people who had served in another job before becoming pilots.

However, there's about 85 who have come straight in to being pilots.

There isn't a system picking good Army guys and crossing them to the RAF. It doesn't happen very often.

They don't consider people in the forces any higher. In fact, it can count against based on age etc.

They recruited me as a fast jet pilot with "just a degree in physics."
Reply 14
Blamps

Thank you Blamps :wink:
Reply 15
Nah man, Navy! They get to travel the most!
Reply 16
ZJuwelH

lol.... perhaps true, perhaps not. They also do it on boats, not aboard jets....?
Reply 17
ZJuwelH

They also bum each other alot when out to sea. Good to join if you're a gay.

Latest

Trending

Trending