The Student Room Group

Sweet ideas for a girl's birthday?

I never usually anon, but I'm screwed if she finds this.

One of my (female) friends is having a birthday in a few weeks, and we (her college friends) are going out to celebrate. The obvious bit is that I like her as more than a friend. It's frankly an honour to be invited tbh, as it's been something of a rarity over the past few years.

So I want to sweetly surprise her with something nice that won't creep her out, like a nice card, a present or even bake her a cake. All of us are going round hers beforehand, so lugging a present around town won't be a problem.

Have any TSRians got any sensible ideas for presents? Hell, should I even get her a present, it's only a night out fgs.

Is a birthday the wrong time to be sending out this sort of message? :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
A nice card, and a massive bear. A teddy bear, not an actual bear. That would be terrifying.
Reply 2
Get Her A Real Bear!
Reply 3
jack747
Get Her A Real Bear!

Lol, be serious.
Me to you bears are cute :smile::smile:
Flowers - sweet and friendly and you can also put a card in with something nice written.

failing that - a real bear. yeah
baking her a cake is definitely a winner. who wouldn't love that? try to find out what her favourite kind of cake is as well.
or maybe make her fairy cakes?
Reply 7
hunty91
A nice card, and a massive bear. A teddy bear, not an actual bear. That would be terrifying.

LOL

Get her something that you know she's into. Say, if she likes writing, a really pretty notebook. Or something that she's mentioned to you - a CD by a band she really likes, or a book by an author she likes, or a DVD or something. Mix CDs are good, too.

Basically, something that shows you've listened to her and know what she likes - those sort of presents are worth tons more than jewellery and flowers and stuff (although those are nice too!).

If you really don't know, though...chocolate is usually pretty safe :smile:

Good luck (just, for her sake, don't include a card admitting your undying love for her, because it could be incredibly embarassing for both of you).
Reply 8
I'm a sucker for flowers because i've only ever been bought them once..
Reply 10
A nice card, Chocolate and nothing that gives it away for now. But when her friends are not around and you are ready to ask her out then maybe a bigger present. Toy Bears with Love Messages on are cute if she rejects you then I agree with the real bear idea...:biggrin:
Reply 11
tashhh
LOL

Get her something that you know she's into. Say, if she likes writing, a really pretty notebook. Or something that she's mentioned to you - a CD by a band she really likes, or a book by an author she likes, or a DVD or something. Mix CDs are good, too.

Basically, something that shows you've listened to her and know what she likes - those sort of presents are worth tons more than jewellery and flowers and stuff (although those are nice too!).

If you really don't know, though...chocolate is usually pretty safe :smile:

Good luck (just, for her sake, don't include a card admitting your undying love for her, because it could be incredibly embarassing for both of you).

Darn it, plan foiled :rolleyes:

I'm going to have to keep my ears pricked over the next couple of weeks; I literally have no idea.
Reply 12
How old is this girl gonna be? I have the BEST card message (courtest of Jimmy Carr)
Reply 13
Bubble_m
How old is this girl gonna be? I have the BEST card message (courtest of Jimmy Carr)

Nineteen.

That last one is by far the coolest present for anyone
Reply 15
Anonymous
Nineteen.

Wait...you like her...this probs isnt the best message
Ok on the front you write 'You're 19...'
and inside you write 'stone. Almost reached your target weight, come on'

BUT on a serious note, so you don't think I'm wasting your time, i think flowers will be really nice. I just think they are over-thinked a lot of times, and if you don't know her that well, it won't show/reek of effort.
Unless she's allergic. Then it will be the equivalent of the card message.
Reply 16
Bubble_m
Wait...you like her...this probs isnt the best message
Ok on the front you write 'You're 19...'
and inside you write 'stone. Almost reached your target weight, come on'

BUT on a serious note, so you don't think I'm wasting your time, i think flowers will be really nice. I just think they are over-thinked a lot of times, and if you don't know her that well, it won't show/reek of effort.
Unless she's allergic. Then it will be the equivalent of the card message.

Made me laugh though, have some rep :biggrin:

Flowers aren't too good, I'll PM you why..
Reply 17
Anonymous
Made me laugh though, have some rep :biggrin:

Flowers aren't too good, I'll PM you why..

Aw thanks :biggrin: Made me chortle too..and i await the pm :smile:
It's A Well Known Fact...
That last one is by far the coolest present for anyone

Yeah, I got my science-obsessed genius friend the brain cell one and she loved it :biggrin:
Reply 19
I would love a teddy if I was her :biggrin: xx

Latest

Trending

Trending