The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
LemonLime
Awww!! hehe
I rather like the air of mystery hehe :biggrin:
Also not all of my colouring in is relevant, i just get bored in lectures, like ecosytems ones!!

:eek: BIOLOGY????

Or are you a natural scientitst??
Reply 41
nope, neither :smile:
lol when did this thread turn into guess what i do at uni hehe
Reply 42
LemonLime
nope, neither :smile:
lol when did this thread turn into guess what i do at uni hehe

Hazards!
Reply 43
Chardonnay
Hazards!

Yes hazards to play quite a large part :smile:
Reply 44
I just want to know why a non-geographer is in the geography forum :p:

Hazards play a large part? Is this some weird little degree like "Hazard Prevention" or something like that which I wouldn't guess in a million years? (Unless it is actually "Hazard Prevention" in which case I've just guessed it?)
Reply 45
dobbs
I just want to know why a non-geographer is in the geography forum :p:

Hazards play a large part? Is this some weird little degree like "Hazard Prevention" or something like that which I wouldn't guess in a million years? (Unless it is actually "Hazard Prevention" in which case I've just guessed it?)

Im a geographer through and through and always will be :p: hehe
go physical :biggrin:
And yes its a little weird degree, only 8 of us at the moment :smile:
Reply 46
*Searching the Bristol Uni website*
Reply 47
*Which is incredibly slow* :rolleyes:
Reply 48
Ooooh "The Science of Natural Hazards" ???
Reply 49
heres a hint, cos i like you being a geographer and all :biggrin:, bristol isnt the only place mentioned is it :smile: hehe
Im too thick to go to bristol :frown:
Reply 50
Oh...is there a university in Pompey? Didn't know that.

Plus...I give up! lol...never wanted to know anyway :p:
Reply 51
Yep there sure is :smile:
well that ends that pointless diversion of a thread...
Reply 52
Indeed....I should do some work for my exams now. But maybe not....damn this forum it's too addictive :frown:
Reply 53
Im researching ecosystems....... whilst being here :biggrin:
Reply 54
My revision technique is to type up every single one of my lectures so they're all neat. Kinda works 'cos I'm learning stuff I never knew before (particularly from the lectures I didn't go to and am now lookin at the powerpoint slides from them!).

But it's also pointless. Should do some reading...but that's even more boring than typing up lecture notes. Oh well....only 60 lectures to go....:rolleyes:

....geophysics? :wink:
Reply 55
Blimey!! ive got seismology notes to write up and learn :rolleyes:
no not geophysics, but i did do some GIS last year :smile:
Reply 56
Eek GIS! Lol we've been doing that this year...they've taught it really badly - lectures were pointless (they followed the story of an alien who didnt know how to use a car - meant to be a metaphor for students not knowing how to use GIS ???????) - and then the assignments were stupid...

Step 1. (This would explain how to put crap loads of layers on a map, change from raster to vector, change colours, gradients, size, and put loads of things like legends, a North arrow, etc. on)

Steps 2 to 10. (These would explain how to save the file and close the program)

It was so annoying. However....after 1 exam and 1 assignment (of 2 exams and 2 assignments in total) I have achieved 41% lol...so I'm not worrying about that module anymore! :biggrin:
Reply 57
blimey again!! sounds exactly the same as what happened with me :biggrin: except we had to answer silly questions as well like why water was present, 9 times outta 10 it was because it was the sea! :redface: :p: and i got 48% after an awful multiple choice test... Even the people doing a GIS degree didnt get it! :rolleyes:
Reply 58
Haha...a question we had recently in a little assignment was "What is the grid reference of the coastline to the West?"....which went from the top left, into the centre of the map, and then back out to the bottom left! It was like "errrr....which bit of the coastline do you want the grid reference for??"

The exam we did was open-book...told we could take any notes we wanted in. I laughed! So many people find it so hard...but it's really simple stuff, especially when you've got you're notes with you! :biggrin:
Reply 59
aww open book exams, only had one :frown: but it was my best exam... theres a surprise hehe :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending