Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Nando's

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness. Vote and debate in all of the group finals from now to Saturday evening! 15-07-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So, what do people think of Nando's?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    :coma:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lush
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baconator)
    So, what do people think of Nando's?
    OMG I :heart: NANDO'S!!!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Personally I don't like it. I dislike the fact that you have to get all the stuff yourself such as plates, cutlerely, sauces, drinks etc and the last time I went in everything was filthy. I don't even think the food is that good. TBH I can't see what all the hype is about.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Would have been great but to say I got mango and lime, it was so spicy i could barely eat it.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    its awesome. especially when you know someone working there

then you get free drinks and chips, and like 20% off the actual meal thing. makes it soo much cheaper
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QI Elf)
    last time I went in everything was filthy. I don't even think the food is that good. TBH I can't see what all the hype is about.
    The one in Cambridge is fantastic. Really, really clean and the service is provided is excellent- they're very helpful.
    But I love Nando's because of their dishes... yumm!! :p:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Very nice, but I do agree the service could improve a little. I think it costs enough that you would expect things like cutlery to be taken care of.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruthie!)
    Would have been great but to say I got mango and lime, it was so spicy i could barely eat it.
    next time get nothing on it!
    then add what you feel you can handle by way of the sauces
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QI Elf)
    Personally I don't like it. I dislike the fact that you have to get all the stuff yourself such as plates, cutlerely, sauces, drinks etc and the last time I went in everything was filthy. I don't even think the food is that good. TBH I can't see what all the hype is about.
    Agreed, when I go to a restaurant I don't expect to do everything myself.

Nando's is boring.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by didgeridoo12uk)
    next time get nothing on it!
    then add what you feel you can handle by way of the sauces
    You can do that?? Awesome... I always have lemon & herb... in some places their lemon & herb can be really spicy though
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Never been. I think seems a bit overrated tbh.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dionysus)
    Very nice, but I do agree the service could improve a little. I think it costs enough that you would expect things like cutlery to be taken care of.
    But it's a self-service restaurant, always has been
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dionysus)
    Agreed.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If all restaurants would be the same (to be waited upon) then that'd be boring. I like the idea of a self-service
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Working there I couldn't imagine anything worse than having to wait on tables for people to order...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was in catered halls in my first year at Uni. The food, as you can imagine was awful. There was a Nandos not too far away. My friends and I must've gone there like 2/3 times a week without fail, and none of us ever got bored of the food.

Also, when I first arrived in Sydney, the first thing I wanted to have for dinner that night was Nandos, so me and a friend found where it was and went on a mission to find it, getting lost numerous times on the way.

Nandos = :yy:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baconator)
    But it's a self-service restaurant, always has been
    Yeah of course, but the price is higher than say, buying a burger in a pub, and you would never be expected to get your own cutlery and sauces there. The price should reflect the service, really.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've never been.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 18, 2010
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.