The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

unconditional real estate managment

i'm on my gap year, got an unconditional offer from NTU for real estate management, which i've accepted. can't wait. looking at all the accomodation at the mo. i fancy either gill street or sandby hall.

Just wondering who else is doing the course?

got open days coming up now too...
Reply 1
Hey there Ive applied for Real Estate Management at NTU and I'm on a gap year aswell. How long did it take for them to send you an offer? I only sent my application off last week to be honest.
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
i sent it off late november, and i had an unconditional from them 6 days later.
which i thought was pretty quick.
so you should here from them soon i guess?
Reply 3
Ah sweet. They may have more applications to deal with at the moment though do could take longer I suppose. I meant to send mine off in Nov/Dec but had problems with my reference.
Reply 4
Ye i have got a place to do Real estate management and am looking at Gill street accomo!! :smile: xx
Reply 5
Hey, I went to the open day yesterday and apparently the real estate management have most of their lectures in the first year with the building surveying students and the other courses like that. Where are you lot from? Have you been to any of the open days? x
Reply 6
fruitfox
Hey, I went to the open day yesterday and apparently the real estate management have most of their lectures in the first year with the building surveying students and the other courses like that. Where are you lot from? Have you been to any of the open days? x

Hey, Yeah all the property courses share common modules in first year so I presume we will all be in the same lectures. This also allows us to switch our course until the start of the second year from the modules which interest us the most. I'm from north Derbyshire and might possible be going to the open day on March 17th if thats the right date.
iv got a conditional offer for real estate management too
went and visited the uni on the open day last wednesday
and i think the course just sounds awesome tbh
i was only there 2 hours coz i had to get a coach back to sunderland, but i was really impressed.
and nottingham as a place i though was great!
im a first year real estate management student... so any questions just ask me :smile::smile:
and yes that is correct what someone said, property investment and finance, r.e.m, building surveying and property planning and development all share the same modules and lectures in the first year. so means like theres about 200 people in the lec hall !
and all the guys are reaaaally fit ladies :P
also, gill street accomodation went in 4 hours last year... i wanted it but was too late :frown:
amberglover
iv got a conditional offer for real estate management too
went and visited the uni on the open day last wednesday
and i think the course just sounds awesome tbh
i was only there 2 hours coz i had to get a coach back to sunderland, but i was really impressed.
and nottingham as a place i though was great!

the course IS fantastic :smile:
all the modules are so different, there is one in finance/maths, one in law, one in economics, a sort of geography type one all to do with development and those sorts of issues, and a technical drawing module. oh and this other one but it's a bit random, its to do with report writing and computer skills.
Reply 11
superduperawesome
the course IS fantastic :smile:
all the modules are so different, there is one in finance/maths, one in law, one in economics, a sort of geography type one all to do with development and those sorts of issues, and a technical drawing module. oh and this other one but it's a bit random, its to do with report writing and computer skills.

I'm doing real estate next year too! See you there?
Reply 12
Hey im on a gap year at the moment and applying in 2010 to study real estate management at NTU. I just wanted to know how you applied.
Were you on a gap year and then applied a year later or did you just go the normal route. What grades did you get? Work experience etc?
When do i apply?
PLEASE WRITE BACK AS I AM COMPLETELY LOST!!!!!
:frown:
Reply 13
Original post by superduperawesome
im a first year real estate management student... so any questions just ask me :smile::smile:
and yes that is correct what someone said, property investment and finance, r.e.m, building surveying and property planning and development all share the same modules and lectures in the first year. so means like theres about 200 people in the lec hall !
and all the guys are reaaaally fit ladies :P

hey I'm thinking of going to NTU for real estate, would you recommend it? your post was a few years ago so i assume you've graduated or..? if you could give some insight to the course? your experience etc... i can't decide between oxford brookes and NTU

Quick Reply

Latest