The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

good to know i aint alone doing thsi exam basically made a set of good notes
gone through done all the past papers( using mark scheme to write out proper answers)
practise 20 mark question apparently poeple loose bare marks our teacher told us to do intro then the points linked to one another, paragraphs linked together than an conclusion and always use examples to show understanding

xxx hope it helps
miz_perfecto
good to know i aint alone doing thsi exam basically made a set of good notes
gone through done all the past papers( using mark scheme to write out proper answers)
practise 20 mark question apparently poeple loose bare marks our teacher told us to do intro then the points linked to one another, paragraphs linked together than an conclusion and always use examples to show understanding

xxx hope it helps

really, have you done this paper before, if so what have you got, I got a U in june for this paper. how long are your notes?
footballcrazy12
really, have you done this paper before, if so what have you got, I got a U in june for this paper. how long are your notes?

na i havent done the paper before thiz is the first time were doing it doing ict 5 first then in june ict 4 ive gt like 5 or 6 pagez detailed notes than breif mindmaps and revision card to revise from
cheers
Reply 6
what did people think then?
quite nice, first question was delightful, menus one was the worst, 9 marks is alot to squeeze out of menus

overall i'm happy
Reply 8
yes the menus question = evil. what was the answer to question 2?
most of the possible answers for question 2 will be on the communication and information systems revision notes from miz_perfecto a few posts above.
i thought the exam was nice, but you nevver know itth ICT.
omgg floppped the 20 mark question didnt understand it done it completely wrong hopefully i'll get the quality marks yeh i agree with the menu questions
what did you do wrong for the 20 marker?
i didnt get the question so i wrote about what the issues are i.e data protection not leaving a workstation logged on and walking off apparently you were suppose to write about the firewall and stuff like that on how to protect against network security
i wrote about both firewalls and leaving workstations logged on :smile: you should be fine it's still relevant
Reply 15
NOOOO DIDN'T WRITE ABOUT FIREWALLS... but that's not the be-all and end-all, there's usually a lot of possible things you can talk about.

RETAKE IN THE SUMMER!
i got 81/90
Only problem is the coursework is in next week and i am nowhere near finished
Cobbïns31770
i got 81/90
Only problem is the coursework is in next week and i am nowhere near finished

Congrats well done how did you prepare for this exam, did you do alot of notes or both past papers and notes?
i don't actually have a text book or anything, however i literally learnt the mark schemes of the past 5 years because ict questions are fairly limited and so there is only so much they can ask.
everything in the exam in january had appeared in some form or other in the past 5 years.

The essay question at the end is very limited especially.
Software Evaluation, Networks, Upgradability and Software Development are pretty much all it could be.
Cobbïns31770
i don't actually have a text book or anything, however i literally learnt the mark schemes of the past 5 years because ict questions are fairly limited and so there is only so much they can ask.
everything in the exam in january had appeared in some form or other in the past 5 years.

The essay question at the end is very limited especially.
Software Evaluation, Networks, Upgradability and Software Development are pretty much all it could be.

OK thats what I will be doing because I done notes and I got 54/90. I only did a bit of past papers.

Latest

Trending

Trending