The Student Room Group

Mat student, No A'levels but TEFL qualified

Hi Guys

I graduated from my CELTA (Celtificate in English Language Teching to Adults)last year in Feb and achieved a Pass B(only 20% of 10,000 trainee teachers achieve grabe B or A per year according to official stats) plus I have a further 8 months teaching experience in South America. I have no degree nor A'levels. I was unable to complete my a'levels due to unforseen circumstances. I'm 25 years old with plenty of work experience in varied fields (retail, hospitality, Charity fundraising, Hr admin and teaching english abroad) and I also speak Portuguese and Spanish fluently. I have applied to 5 Uk Universities via UCAS, but I'm now worried that I won't meet the entry requirements. I know I'll be able to complete a degree no probs!

I'm applied for a Bsc in Psychology and Counselling as this is the career I'd like to follow. I think there wouldn't be a problem had I chosen a course related to teaching or education. I'm currently working as a care assistant and volunteering as a youth support working/mentor. And have recently completed an Introduction to counselling skills.

My UCAS personal statement mentions all the above but will Universities consider someone without A'levels but who has experience of intensive study i.e CELTA, as a candidate likely to meet the academic standards of undergraduate study?

I'm just freakin' out at the mo, and fear not being accepted, the last thing I want to do is waste another year doing an access course or something similar.

I've emailed unis asking them about entry requirements but they can be so unclear.

Please can someone give it to me straight, Am I likeley to be accepted
?

Thanks for your help/advice in advance
Reply 1
No one here can tell you. You need to email the unis you want to apply to and ask them.

Latest

Trending

Trending