The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Posted twice
Thats a hack squat my dear, not a squat, first vid in my profile is a squat. Hack squats are pretty good to be fair (as assistance once in a while)
oh wow, ok, no it wasn't that.
Reply 63
OP - stop with the sad faces!!! They make me feel guilty!!

As far as treadmill stuff - well done. When I first started I was only doing 10 minutes HIIT.
soooooo for proper squats would I have to go into the scary boy bit of the gym with all the big weights and big scary people?

Or is there a nice machine :colondollar:
Poica
OP - stop with the sad faces!!! They make me feel guilty!!

As far as treadmill stuff - well done. When I first started I was only doing 10 minutes HIIT.

I don't know what you mean. :puppyeyes:

Oh that's good though! I felt like a proper failure when I had to do something else for a bit after the first 10 mins.
icantthinkofacoolusername
soooooo for proper squats would I have to go into the scary boy bit of the gym with all the big weights and big scary people?

Or is there a nice machine :colondollar:

Machine = for ghays!!!

No machine will ever replicate freewight squats, never ever ever ever ever ever ever!

Please do not ever say that again, it assults my ears with its unpleasntness and makes me want to hurt people alot!
Reply 67
Powerlifter
Machine = for ghays!!!

No machine will ever replicate freewight squats, never ever ever ever ever ever ever!

Please do not ever say that again, it assults my ears with its unpleasntness and makes me want to hurt people alot!

Don't the massive amounts of testosterone make you want to do that anyway?
Reply 68
The word bingo wings caught my eye :eek: - why would anyone want to know about your bingo wings??
Nope, always had high test levels, I was asked when I took my medical for flying if I was on gear when I had never had any. I am level headed and laid back for the most part, provided nobody gets in my ******* way the mother *******, they want pain they will ******* get it in large quantaties...ahem, yes level headed
Powerlifter
Machine = for ghays!!!

Sorry :sad:

I need to learn lots of things.

Teach me about squatting.

I can do it with my back against a wall right and go down and hold it can I?
Kara_Adams
The word bingo wings caught my eye :eek: - why would anyone want to know about your bingo wings??

People who want to help me get rid of them.
icantthinkofacoolusername
Sorry :sad:

I need to learn lots of things.

Teach me about squatting.

I can do it with my back against a wall right and go down and hold it can I?

No!

You put a bar across your back and shoulders, you stand with your feet a little wider than shoulder width, poit toes outwars at about 45deg angles, and then squat down as low as possible keeping your back flat and your midsection full of air, chest up eyes up and then raise up driving the hips forward.

Its just you and the bar, that is why it is called the king of excercises, coupled with the deadlift they = two of the best things you can do with weights on the planet
Ok, so basically the anwer is yes, I have to go in the scary smelly bit of the gym.

But also does that not really hurt your back. My back hurts a lot most of the time...
Reply 74
Will probably stop your back hurting most of the time.
It develops your back and midsection to be stronger, and yes you will need to leave any fears outside and just do it, who cares what anyone else is doing.
Don't make excuses not to squat, you will be robbing yourself of one of the best things possible in the world of training
Okkkkk I will ask one of the nice boys to help next time

(there is no way to replicate this at home, just before I do, right?)
No
Reply 78
Powerlifter
No!

You put a bar across your back and shoulders, you stand with your feet a little wider than shoulder width, poit toes outwars at about 45deg angles, and then squat down as low as possible keeping your back flat and your midsection full of air, chest up eyes up and then raise up driving the hips forward.

Its just you and the bar, that is why it is called the king of excercises, coupled with the deadlift they = two of the best things you can do with weights on the planet

I vouch for this.
Powerlifter
Thats a hack squat my dear, not a squat, first vid in my profile is a squat. Hack squats are pretty good to be fair (as assistance once in a while)

wahey I was right :wink:

whats your opinion on on hack squats with a barbell?

Latest