The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I did nack all today.

Ooops.

My legs are aching a bit though which I will see as a good thing.
Peter North
wahey I was right :wink:

whats your opinion on on hack squats with a barbell?

Not done them, don't intend too lol
Reply 82
Peter North
wahey I was right :wink:

whats your opinion on on hack squats with a barbell?

I've been looking into it. What are the benfits?
Reply 83
I remembered what I wanted to ask.

How can I improve my upper body strength - like to make climbing into boats from the water and stuff easier?
Reply 85
overhead press
ok, how do I do that?
Reply 87
Sandhu
overhead press

Surely lat work is more important for climbing?
Both would be since they control the same part of the body i.e the upper arm, lats, traps, delts and pecs - and abs & errectors goes without saying
Reply 89
Oh good god :indiff:

ok
Reply 91
Lol! What would you have preferred? =p
I don't know...something that isn't demonstrated by a beast of a man...
What is wrong with beasts? I feel sad now :frown:
Well, nothing if you're a man.

But also beasts are strong. I am not. So beasts doing things like that make them look like I will drop the weights on my head or something.

Aaaanyway, I went to the gym. It feels a bit stupid saying this cos, I've only run twice, but it does feel a bit easier already. Maybe it's just positive mental attitude cos now I know I won't die...
Also I did some shoulder presses because they looked kind of like the things in the video and the sticker said military presses tooooo, and the weights room was really full of boys and stuff so there wasn't really anywhere for me to go and mess around and drop things trying to find the right weight.

Also I was wondering about that thing where you kneel on the platform and pull yourself up with your arms? I was guessing that would be good for me and it looks hard and hard seems to be what works so yeah. Thoughts?
icantthinkofacoolusername
Also I was wondering about that thing where you kneel on the platform and pull yourself up with your arms? I was guessing that would be good for me and it looks hard and hard seems to be what works so yeah. Thoughts?

Sounds like an assisted chin/pull up to me, good fo the upper back, arms and grip (well the freeweight version is) I personally think these are **** and would do pulldowns with upto about 20kg above my bodyweight then move onto chins
Ok.

What are pulldowns?

And chins
Reply 97
Pulldown

chins

Ohhh ok.

I already do pulldowns.

And chins looks exactly like what I was trying to describe apart from you have a platform under your knees attached to weights.
Tufts
I've been looking into it. What are the benfits?

Notthing over regular atg squats really, you will be limited by grip and shoulder flexibilty so for me this seems pointless.

Latest