The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Bagration
Never.

Although I would like to get one soon so I can afford more booze and cigarettes drugs.

This.
Bubbles*de*Milo
This.
Tobacco is a drug. Or nicotine. Or whatever. I don't rly care.
Reply 22
Nico_SU
Yeah, have 3 on the go at the moment. Reffing during the weekeneds, Chinese on weeknights and holiday work cleaning chalets.

Ohhh, where abouts do you go to clean chalets? :redface:
Did 2 different types of newspaper rounds when I was 15/16 and when I was 17 I scrapped them and got 2 more jobs, cleaner and the other is running a shops website :smile:
Reply 24
Yeah, 2 jobs. I'm 17.
Although unfortunately i didn't see them as long-term jobs, more money savers, so i ended up quitting both of them. Not a great mindset, but oh well :smile:

I personally feel that if your 18 and never had a job, it puts you at quite a disadvantage. All of my friends who haven't had a job don't understand that you have to do as your told by your manager, you can't just take days off when you want, and seem scared to get a job because of their lack of experience. I'm very glad that i got my first job at 15.
Reply 25
Many, my CV is longer than Anna Karenina
Yes, 3.

Fast food cook.
Secretary.
Sales Advisor.
i was a secretary over the summer of '07 and now i am a waitress.
Reply 28
hanna118212
I don't understand how you can't have a job at a certain age. I'd go mad without money...where do people get it from for clubbing and clothes etc? Maybe people just have generous parents.... sigh.

Not everyone is materialistic.
Reply 29
punktopia
Well, have you ever had a job?

Getting paid by your grandmother to mow her lawn (:wink:) doesn't count.

Nah i'd rather eat your tax via job seekers allowance
Reply 30
shark67
Nah i'd rather eat your tax via job seekers allowance

I don't pay tax.

Fail.
Bagration
Tobacco is a drug. Or nicotine. Or whatever. I don't rly care.

Ok, ok, more illicit drugs. Happy?
Reply 32
Never had one, not that there are any opportunities nearby. My friends make fun of me because I don't have one, but if I did I'd have to catch a bus every time I wanted to work. I don't think it would be worth it.
I worked in a funeral director's from age 14 :smile:. They paid me like £7 an hour too, which is better than the £4.65 I get now for working in a stately home.
I used to work at the co-operative as a customer service assistant during the weekends and earned roughly £300 per month which wasnt too bad.. but i had to leave after 8 months so i could focus more on my studies, and this was when i was around 18-19
Yeps.

I worked at Woolies for 4 months. Made myself nearly £1200 :p:
Nah :smile:
Reply 37
Just got one at the Co-op. I have had 2 jobs previously not including babysitting.

What do you want from this thread OP?
Had a job working in a car garage since last spring, 3 hours on a saturday morning sortingh out the workshops for 20 quid ain't bad :biggrin:
Reply 39
Bubbles*de*Milo
Ok, ok, more illicit drugs. Happy?

Hmm.. i don't know you, but i think i've seen you mention your drug taking about 6 or 7 times now. :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending