The Student Room Group
Poisonous Briar
look, I know I'm supposed to have my own views, but I just can't think of an answer. please please please help. :confused:

Seek to increase the number of private hospitls with some tax incentives for companies offering private health to their employees - the more affluent people who take up private medical care, the less people the NHS will have to treat. Plus the affluent patients are the ones more likely to take legal action (often in dubious cases, but it still costs the NHS money to defend).
That'll take some strain off.
Next, increase the number of HDU beds massively. It has gone up some 35% in the last few years (a fantastic achievement) but really needs to go up further alot more - we need the number of HDU beds at least doubling.
Give big incentives for nursing - such as a 'teacher style' amount of money in order to train - this will reduce the needs to use foreign nurses (whom are often employed through agencies who charge a horrendous amount)
Increase the number of spiral (high res) CT scanners and accompanying radiologists by 2 or 3 fold. This will massively reduce the waiting time for diagnostic tersts, and as surgery is often based on said tests, will reduce the time taken to get to surgery.

Those are my immediate thoughts anyway
Jam
thanks, you're a life saver :p:
Reply 3
remove the beauracracy, the more pointless target figures, half the number of middle managers, and use the money saved to actually treat people!
Reply 4
privatise it all.

*only joking :wink:*
Thanks for all your help.
Reply 6
Erm ... benabots.

Latest