The Student Room Group

Current top 5 law schools in the UK

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
necessarily benevolent
:eek: Your academics are ridiculous (particularly the AEAs).

If by 'ridiculous' you mean 'implausible', then I quite agree.
Profesh
If by 'ridiculous' you mean 'implausible', then I quite agree.

See above. :p:

Although, not completely 'implausible' I guess. :eyeball:
i no - i wasnt trying to say definitively that there are better i was just saying to the people who were saying that kings is not as good as Durham or that they fluctuate yearly, that they should look at other stats not just the league tables!!!!! and yes they are my opinion of the top 5 and obviously every decision has some subjectivity and i still believe that whilst they may or may not be better they are seen by the bar as superior and therefore you may want to go to the more approved ones to better your chances!!! so in a sense i suppose i do believe these ones are better

and to be honest i dont care whether or not you believe me as i will be at LSE next year so see you there! oh and to profesh or whatever it is oh wow i missed a question mark not heard of typo?

and speaking of grammar you do know that you use words incorrectly together constantly issuing double negatives and contorted reading? ("shouldn't adhere blindly")
Reply 83
necessarily benevolent
In light of Profesh's sentiments, I withdraw my previous comment.

Oh, you shouldn't adhere blindly to my judgment on such matters: I'm a drop-out whose I.Q. probably doesn't even exceed 140.
Madlib
Thats just for a LLB/BA degree!! What about for LPC/BVC/GDL??? Surely BPP and College of Law should be in there somewhere...

Why should they be in there? They offer the LPC/BVC/GDL which the other unis don't offer so how would they be compared? Besides it doesn't matter where you do your BVC/LPC/GDL.

OP - Why are you only concentrating on the top 5?

I think in my opinion the 'best' law schools are Oxford, Cambridge, Warwick, UCL, LSE, KCL, Durham, Notingham, Bristol and the difference among these are negligible. Besides these unis I have listed are not in any particular rank and I may have missed some other uni worthy of mentioning
Profesh
Oh, you shouldn't adhere blindly to my judgment on such matters: I'm a drop-out whose I.Q. probably doesn't even exceed 140.

You odd use of language and inability to cope with university suggests a number closer to 110
Reply 86
River85

I don't think anyone said it was

Danny777 persistently said Durham was better.
By the way, are there any weaknesses in terms of doing a CPE/GDL course? It seems quite un-thorough (not a word? :confused:) to me.
Reply 88
Yeah, I would probably agree with that, although I think Durham's probably on par.
Reply 89
flugestuge
You odd use of language and inability to cope with university suggests a number closer to 110

You're too kind.
necessarily benevolent
By the way, are there any weaknesses in terms of doing a CPE/GDL course? It seems quite un-thorough (not a word? :confused:) to me.

no not really, just i suppose it would be very hard and intense, i think they just make sure you focus on the "core" topics needed for it to be a qualifying conversion rather than the optional ones (such as Family Law etc) that the full degree would allow. also, i supposed it would take an extra year :p:
flugestuge

:rolleyes:

People drop out of uni for different reasons without their IQs being a certain number and uni isn't for everyone. What's wrong with an IQ of 110?

necessarily benevolent

By the way, are there any weaknesses in terms of doing a CPE/GDL course? It seems quite un-thorough (not a word? ) to me.

What exactly do you mean by 'un-thorough'?

There are no considerable weaknesses in terms of doing the CPE/GDL but it is intense as it is a year long and you have to consider the financial implications because the course costs at least 6000 pounds a year or considerably more.

Which is quite expensive considering you would be doing the BVC/LPC after, which also costs somewhere around the same region or a lot more.

I can't find the exact figures but half of all trainee solicitors at Slaughter & May last year took the GDL/CPE while the other half took a law degree.
i think by un-thorough he meant more rushed but no its not a word lol
Yeah, I meant 'more rushed', combined with the possibility that you'd miss out some valuable stuff. :dontknow:
I have just read through this thread and some of the posts are laughable. Can someone please correct me but I believe LSE, UCL, KCL and Durham do not offer the BVC

necessarily benevolent
Yeah, I meant 'more rushed', combined with the possibility that you'd miss out some valuable stuff.

I wouldn't say it was 'rushed' but during the one year you only do the core modules Contract, Crime, Equity & Trusts, EU, Land, Public and Tort law so you don't have the option of doing optional modules like Jurisprudence, Medical law, Human rights law, Shakespeare and the law etc.
^^ yep like i said erm no LSE, KCL, UCL, do not do the BVC i believe you go to City university to do it, from what ive heard anyways dont no much about durham sorry
Reply 96
Chardonae_Rowen
and speaking of grammar you do know that you use words incorrectly together constantly issuing double negatives and contorted reading? ("shouldn't adhere blindly")

And now you've demonstrated a fundamental misunderstanding of the concept of 'double-negative', which doesn't actually entail a discrepancy of grammar, despite being often associated with discrepancies of meaning (e.g. the classic, 'I didn't do nothing!'). I could surmise malapropism, that by 'double-negative' you actually meant 'tautology' or 'redundancy' or 'pleonasm'; but that wouldn't be relevant either.

Still, thanks for the case-in-point.
I'm confused.
Profesh
And now you've demonstrated a fundamental misunderstanding of the concept of 'double-negative', which doesn't actually entail discrepancy of grammar, despite being often associated with discrepancies of meaning (e.g. 'I didn't do nothing!'). I could surmise malapropism, that by 'double-negative' you actually meant 'tautology' or 'redundancy' or 'pleonasm'; but that wouldn't be accurate either.

Still, thanks for the case-in-point.

o for gods sake i never said that was directly the double-negative that was the contorted reading i proposed get of your high horse, you know some big words so do many people including me, shame you haven't done anything with it, as you have clearly stated you are a drop out, go and do something productive with your life, this is a student room what are you?
Reply 99
Chardonae_Rowen
o for gods sake i never said that was directly the double-negative that was the contorted reading i proposed get of your high horse, you know some big words so do many people including me, shame you haven't done anything with it, as you have clearly stated you are a drop out, go and do something productive with your life, this is a student room what are you?

Poignant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending