The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
burningnun
He can't claim 8 months worth of interest if it's his fault he didn't cash the cheque. Well, I'm not sure if that's true from a legal perspective but if someone tried to do that to me I'd kick them in the ovaries.

I'm not saying he claim interest. What I meant was he just takes the £600 or whatever is owed to him with the £10 cut
Sure, but £600 is worth a lot less now than it was 8 months ago. 8 months ago I was buying stuff from America just because I could.
You don't even know if he's gonna charge you £10. Stop being a doucebag, man up and tell your landlord what happened.
Strictly Business
Was your homework not good enough for the dog?

^ditto woops i repeated something similar previously
Strictly Business
You don't even know if he's gonna charge you £10. Stop being a doucebag, man up and tell your landlord what happened.

I kind of walked out before he had the chance to tell me how much he intends to charge me. Maybe £10? Maybe £80?

And he's obviously not my landlord...
freddythemonster
I kind of walked out before he had the chance to tell me how much he intends to charge me. Maybe £10? Maybe £80?

And he's obviously not my landlord...

I forgot the whole story. It doesn't make a difference. You messed up... if dude is going to incur any expenses with writing another cheque, you should pay it. Not a penny more, not a penny less.
amani-puresapphire
^ditto woops i repeated something similar previously

Great minds think alike :top2:
Strictly Business
Great minds think alike :top2:

:highfive:

Latest