Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Sandby Hall Vs. Gill Street

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So I know that Gill Street is the nicest accomodation and ideally it would be my first choice, but it's a bit pricey. However, Sandby Hall is also in a great location and cheaper.

Gill Street:
    Standard en-suite (42 wks): £4,389.42 per year (£104.51 per week)

Sandby
    Standard en-suite: £3,948.42 per year (£94.01 per week)

So to any current students, is Gill Street worth the extra money or should I pick the cheaper option Sandby? Also what is Sandby like? because on the Open Day we could only look round Gill.

Thanks in advance.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I second this question with the addition of Blenheim to the mix!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm thinking Sandby or Blenheim too... Gill Street costs a bit much!
    Hampden is also one of the best locations and a lot cheaper... but it doesn't look as nice from the pictures (and the rooms aren't en-suite)
    ...any advice???
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    anyyyy update on this?

Never mind, Gill Street = waste of money.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Sanby hall is where its at!! Alot cheaper still got an ensuite and the people will be so much better.. Sanby raves here we come!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .X.alysha.X.)
    So to any current students, is Gill Street worth the extra money or should I pick the cheaper option Sandby? Also what is Sandby like? because on the Open Day we could only look round Gill.
    My mate Will lives at Sandby Hall at the moment and says the bedrooms are small and that it gets annoyin sharin a kitchen area with 12 other people! But yea Gill Street is really expensive!
    But Blenhiem looks pretty nice and thats en-suite not far from campus etc! And I have been told Norton Court is really nice rooms, en-suite etc and has a common room and that by people who are currently there! (:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xzoe18x)
    My mate Will lives at Sandby Hall at the moment and says the bedrooms are small and that it gets annoyin sharin a kitchen area with 12 other people! But yea Gill Street is really expensive!
    But Blenhiem looks pretty nice and thats en-suite not far from campus etc! And I have been told Norton Court is really nice rooms, en-suite etc and has a common room and that by people who are currently there! (:
    I thought blenhiem had shared bathrooms?? I think sanby is good as even though you get slightly smaller rooms that gill it is still worth the money.. Sharing with like 12 other people would be cool in someways as you would get to know people quickly
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshchilds)
    I thought blenhiem had shared bathrooms?? I think sanby is good as even though you get slightly smaller rooms that gill it is still worth the money.. Sharing with like 12 other people would be cool in someways as you would get to know people quickly
    Yea makes it more memorable, bigger crowd means more chances of finding good friends to get along with.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshchilds)
    No Blenhiem is en-suite (:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i cant decide between gill and sandby!!!!
    gill is huge compared to sandby!
    n i havnt had a look at sandby in a while n its currently not on the website.. i want my id number to hurry up at come!

i like the sound of bigger crowds, bigger places to throw partys
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sandby is my choice
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Has any1 noticed tht sandby has been taken off the ntu website ?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pauleverest)
    Has any1 noticed tht sandby has been taken off the ntu website ?
    Oh yea, what's happening?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I heard it was just Maintanece(sp?)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hampden hall is ex council housing so is quite run down. Norton Court is ok but very far out, a good 30 min walk to uni. Sanby is even closer than Gill Street, looks a bit run down but cheapest on site accom with ensuite. Gill street is lovely, but everyone wants to go there and it sells out in a couple of hours (it did last year anyway) also they got RINSED by all the other halls in freshers week, sooo many chants about them!! Everyone goes on about how everyone at gill st is really rich, but that's not true, it's just they got there first! Everyone i know there is nice but there seems to be a few stuck up kids who have the mentality that they're all loaded and therefore better than everyone else. Word of note also, nottingham trent accom is known as being the most expensive outside of London unis!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thats not fair. We dont have our ID's yet!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Gill Street is MAJORLY overpriced for what you get, Sandby and Hampden rooms are like boxes. Not sure about blenheim and norton court, never been.
    ..But..
    Clarendon Court is The Shiz :awesome: Rooms 1 and 4 are ginormous!!!! The biggest you will get in uni accomm by far! Its so underrated as accommodation, its the cheapest and the best :P:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superduperawesome)
    Hampden hall is ex council housing so is quite run down. Norton Court is ok but very far out, a good 30 min walk to uni. Sanby is even closer than Gill Street, looks a bit run down but cheapest on site accom with ensuite. Gill street is lovely, but everyone wants to go there and it sells out in a couple of hours (it did last year anyway) also they got RINSED by all the other halls in freshers week, sooo many chants about them!! Everyone goes on about how everyone at gill st is really rich, but that's not true, it's just they got there first! Everyone i know there is nice but there seems to be a few stuck up kids who have the mentality that they're all loaded and therefore better than everyone else. Word of note also, nottingham trent accom is known as being the most expensive outside of London unis!
    when did u last look at hampden halls?? its has been redone this year and i spend my 1st year and it was mint!!!! much better than sandby and gill street is so over priced!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    gill street is so much nicer, my boyfriend lives there and i have a friend in sandby

HUGE groups of people go out together from gill and pre lash in a different flat every night
    huge new kitchens and massive court yards for bbqs and drinks in the summer.

definately choosing gill street, its worth the money

xo
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi ya. have u seen Hampden Halls. would u reccomend that? I have seen Gill Street and feel in love with it but im looking at an alternative just in case I dont get a place
    (Original post by Hayleyannerose)
    gill street is so much nicer, my boyfriend lives there and i have a friend in sandby

HUGE groups of people go out together from gill and pre lash in a different flat every night
    huge new kitchens and massive court yards for bbqs and drinks in the summer.

definately choosing gill street, its worth the money

xo

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 24, 2011
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.