The Student Room Group

Why do Scottish results come in before English results?

After watching Gillette Soccer Saturday and Final Score for the last four/five years, I've noticed that the first results to come in shortly after 1645 are always from the Scottish leagues and the last results at 1700 are from English Football League/Non-league games. Is there actually a reason for this? I assume that the games start at the same time and the time it takes for the result to appear on the vidiprinter after the final whistle is (on average) the same. Do Scottish games have less stoppage time? Do second halfs kick off earlier? Is it due to the fact that because it is further North, Scotland travels slower through space causing time to pass (ever so slightly) quicker?

What are your thoughts?
They're half-time is only 10 minutes long
Reply 2
And the world doesn't revolve around England.
Jim-ie
And the world doesn't revolve around England.

we know that, were not american
Reply 4
jaydoh

Eh, naw.

Probably to do with variables - i.e. stoppages, injury time, slightly delayed kick-offs. It all adds up.
Reply 5
Its really cold in Scotland so everyones in a rush to end the game without too much delay at half time + injury time
Could do with hearing about the Welsh results tbh.
Reply 7
jaydoh

Did you really want to highlight your grammatical error?
Absurd
Did you really want to highlight your grammatical error?

tbf I had been drinking. But I have no excuse. I am scum. :sigh:
I lold a few times while reading through this. Oh and OP, not really sure why it matters ...they just do
Reply 10
Like it's being said earlier, the half-time breaks are shorter.

NDGAARONDI
Could do with hearing about the Welsh results tbh.

Would certainly make Soccer Saturday a bit interesting when GAP Connah's Quay are leading against Technogroup Welshpool or something. :biggrin:

Though their games start half an hour earlier than the ones in England and Scotland. :frown:
More people care about the Scottish Leagues because it is so much more entertaining.

Actually, half of that is true.
Reply 12
because scotland is higher up in the map

Latest