University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Scroll to see replies

Yes.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 2
from cambridge, yes. not sure about oxford.... or so i have heard from my teachers
The universities of Cambridge and Oxford award automatic master's degrees to all BAs upon the passing of a certain number of years after matriculation (7 in the case of Oxford). The only real significance of these degrees is that they confer voting rights in University elections. For academic purposes, they are considered equivalent to BA/BSc degrees of other universities.

That's what it says here:

http://knowledgerush.com/kr/encyclopedia/Master's_degree/
Reply 4
After you graduate with a BA, you get an honourary MA 7 years after you matriculate (if I remember correctly).

It's not worth anything though, just something shiny to put on your wall.

Real taught/research masters awarded at Cambridge are not MA's, they're MSc, MEng, etc.
Reply 5
Yes providing you don't get divorced or incarcerated in the interim period I believe.
why would you? you have to actually do a masters... otherwise why would the prospectus offer a bachelors and a masters?
The Master of arts at Oxbridge are awarded...after 5 years of academic study, no matter what kind - as long as it is full time

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_of_Arts_(Oxbridge_and_Dublin)

http://www.admin.ox.ac.uk/examregs/13-00_4_REGULATIONS_FOR_THE_DEGREE_OF_MASTER_OF_ARTS.shtml

Oxbridge MA's are honourary degrees in the respect that you do not need to study for them - like a token for surviving Oxbridge
Reply 8
so you will only get the masters after 5 years from graduating?
Reply 9
It depends how long your course is, its given a certain number of terms after matriculation (when you join the uni) rather than graduation. You don't get one when you graduate, but a few years later :smile:
"If you hold a Cambridge BA, you may proceed to the MA not less than six years from the end of your first term of residence, providing that you have held your BA degree for at least two years."

From the Cambridge website, so it looks like the dropped the divorce and prison stipulations! :p:
Well you can't graduate at all if you owe college money AFAIK.
<(". )>
No.

Error
Craghyrax
Error

:biggrin:
FadeToBlackout
:biggrin:

:confused:
You've been listening to what I say too much. :p:
FadeToBlackout
You've been listening to what I say too much. :p:

You do realise your're not the only entity on the planet frequently using the word 'Error', right? :poke:
Reply 17
Craghyrax
You do realise your're not the only entity on the planet frequently using the word 'Error', right? :poke:

Error.
visesh
Error.

Now I'm confused :frown: Are you playing on the wordgame or stating a fact. For Arts it gets turned to a Masters a few years later, but nobody considers it to be a Masters for further study/particular jobs etc. So its not 'an automatic Masters'.
Unless you can't find a job for 3 years I can't see how it would help anyway.

Latest

Trending

Trending