The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Rubix
It's not as bad as alcohol but alcohol use is too widespread to be banned.

And they will get good taxes from it. :sigh:
Reply 61
The whole "weed causes you to go mental" idea in the media is a crock of *****. You know how I know that? Because these are the same people that say Ectasy is dangerous and will cause a brain swelling, and were the same people in the sixties saying that LSD caused "chromosome damage".
haha, people saying smoking weed is chavvy.

also, don't think it should be legal, but it definitely shouldn't go back to class B. Although I imagine Jacqui Smith doesn't care, no matter how many ACMD reports she ignores.
Mary Jane
I always smoke never cause trouble or nuttin' in fact weed makes you chilled not LIKE ALCOHOL WERE YOU GO ROUND CAUSING HAVOC IN YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD!!!!!!!!!!

And it's not worse than smoking tobacco (like cigarettes e.g.). So why is it illegal?

:frown:

Do you want to try speaking English before you start posting? Didn't understand a word of that.
Reply 64
kultist
The whole "weed causes you to go mental" idea in the media is a crock of *****. You know how I know that? Because these are the same people that say Ectasy is dangerous and will cause a brain swelling, and were the same people in the sixties saying that LSD caused "chromosome damage".

I know I really should provide more than one article but...

http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/extract/325/7374/1183

EDIT: Not saying it shouldn't be legalised, but saying there is no link between it and mental illness is kinda like saying alcohol abuse has no link to liver disease and tobacco use has no link to lung cancer. Of course not everyone will get ill because of it for the same reason someone can smoke 40 normal cigs a day and never get ill.
kimoso
Well Mary Jane,

I think that most drugs should be legal tbh.

Only because you're a heroin addict :woo:

Because the government is irrational, tbh http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2007/mar/23/constitution.drugsandalcohol
Reply 66
JammyP
I know I really should provide more than one article but...

http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/extract/325/7374/1183

EDIT: Not saying it shouldn't be legalised, but saying there is no link between it and mental illness is kinda like saying alcohol abuse has no link to liver disease and tobacco use has no link to lung cancer. Of course not everyone will get ill because of it for the same reason someone can smoke 40 normal cigs a day and never get ill.

Since I don't subscribe to the British Medical Journal I can only see the abstract. The only thing that it mentions is that there is a link between cannabis and depression (and they don't know the direction of causation), and that it triggers psychosis in those likely to get it anyway, which explains why rates of psychosis haven't shot up with rates of cannibis use. Now, if smoking triggered lung cancer in those who were incredibly likely to get it at some point during their lives anyway, then you might have a point...
Reply 67
Mary Jane
I always smoke never cause trouble or nuttin' in fact weed makes you chilled not LIKE ALCOHOL WERE YOU GO ROUND CAUSING HAVOC IN YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD!!!!!!!!!!

And it's not worse than smoking tobacco (like cigarettes e.g.). So why is it illegal?

The reason it is illegal is that a whole population using it is not a productive thing for the elite to allow.

The establishment is scared of certain people using it because you can understand the truth of things sometimes when high

It can make you realise certain things or it can render you useless, either way the establishment doesnt want a whole population made up of these two groups

Plus it has a more permanent effect than alcohol, you either understand things better and thats permanent or youre useless and thats permanent

Plus you can kick it so it isnt an easy way to dumb things down and keep you productive, apathy and laziness are associated with prolonged use

Society slows down with marijuana, but you can keep up the illusions with alcohol
Phalanx
Tools like you who believe anything you're told by propaganda soaked media can gtfo.

Talking to me?
pot has been known to bring out psychosis in some people! I know 2 different people who have suffered with relatives murdering people in their family through psychosis induced by cannabis.

I have smoked it and I know people who have smoked it for years. For most people it doesn't affect them mentally. It just chills them out and stuff.

I do believe that Alcohol is an alot worse drug than cannabis and I think that it is illegal for more political reasons than health reasons.

* Racism
* Fear
* Protection of Corporate Profits
* Yellow Journalism
* Ignorant, Incompetent, and/or Corrupt Legislators
* Personal Career Advancement and Greed

http://blogs.salon.com/0002762/stories/2003/12/22/whyIsMarijuanaIllegal.html

this link is to a blog telling you the reasons and history!

I watched a crazy docu on cannabis once which really enlightened me to the real history behind the drug.

And one last thing, cannabis is not a gateway drug, people who do progress to other drugs are people who want a different 'high' or 'escapism'.
Reply 70
helendolman
pot has been known to bring out psychosis in some people! I know 2 different people who have suffered with relatives murdering people in their family through psychosis induced by cannabis.

I have smoked it and I know people who have smoked it for years. For most people it doesn't affect them mentally. It just chills them out and stuff.

I do believe that Alcohol is an alot worse drug than cannabis and I think that it is illegal for more political reasons than health reasons.

* Racism
* Fear
* Protection of Corporate Profits
* Yellow Journalism
* Ignorant, Incompetent, and/or Corrupt Legislators
* Personal Career Advancement and Greed

http://blogs.salon.com/0002762/stories/2003/12/22/whyIsMarijuanaIllegal.html

this link is to a blog telling you the reasons and history!

I watched a crazy docu on cannabis once which really enlightened me to the real history behind the drug.

And one last thing, cannabis is not a gateway drug, people who do progress to other drugs are people who want a different 'high' or 'escapism'.

How do you know it was the cannabis that caused the schitzophrenia and not other things related to it?
Because the British government hates freedom, as does every member of the British public who supports this authoritarian farce.
I for one thing know a girl who got As and A*s in her IGCSEs, then moved to England and started hanging out with scum. Started out with pot, now does all sorts of drugs.

She's got all Us and a E in her second retake of AS levels and wrote to me on Facebook 'i jas whant to speek in Spanish but i dont remember anymore'
Reply 73
TeDaX
I for one thing know a girl who got As and A*s in her IGCSEs, then moved to England and started hanging out with scum. Started out with pot, now does all sorts of drugs.

She's got all Us and a E in her second retake of AS levels and wrote to me on Facebook 'i jas whant to speek in Spanish but i dont remember anymore'

For every guy or girl who cocked up their education with weed, there are three who messed up their lives by drinking too much.
Reply 74
Phalanx
Anything is bad for you if you have too much.

Except maybe Salvia (since we're talking about drugs).

They sell that at some shop I've been in :biggrin: I don't really know what it does, but I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be legal :eek:
Reply 75
NW8_SW1_EC3
Because it comes from brown countries.

WTF?
tosink
WTF?

Bit of a conspiracy theory.
Reply 77
Mary Jane

Weed does not make you not like alcohol, unless you're one of these people who only drink because other people are.

If you get stoned first, it does mean you'd be more happy with just one or two than wanting to go out on a binge, but then I prefer that anyway nowadays.
kultist
How do you know it was the cannabis that caused the schitzophrenia and not other things related to it?

all drugs unlock triggers in peoples brains if they use them. With pot Some people will just get high, some people wont feel any effects, some get paranoid, some just fall asleep, some laugh, some cry, some get muchies and maybe one out of every million users will unlock a bad trigger in their brain, I think if you are mentally unstable and use pot then there is a higher chance it will will make it worse.

We hear about the odd case when some one using cannabis will go mental and kill their family, but then if you put it next all the other stories of murders who didnt use it makes you think that it is very rare!

People die from alcohol related deaths everyday,

you cant die from O.D-ing on cannabis, there is no such thing, you just pull a whitey and be sick or sleep!

I dont think they should legalize it properly, just let it be smoked in cafe's like in amsterdam!
Because you go insane and stab loads of people then buy guns and shoot up your neighbours because you have schizophrenia. Then you get hooked and then you die.

Latest

Trending

Trending