The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Because he's a hot black badass president.

Case solved?
How about you do you own homework ?
Reply 3
are you dumb or bored?
Reply 4
It's quite sad that even if Obama was a Republican he would have probably still been elected.
Reply 5
Rubix
Because he's a hot black badass president.

Case solved?

He's not actually black. Only half.

I feel sometimes that the fact that people keep pointing out he's black could be interpretated as a strange sort of racism. People should just be happy that a seemingly good president has been elected.
kfin08
It's quite sad that even if Obama was a Republican he would have probably still been elected.

I can agree with you. His colour, words and energy would have won it alone.
Reply 7
Zophixan

I feel sometimes that the fact that people keep pointing out he's black could be interpretated as a strange sort of racism. People should just be happy that a seemingly good president has been elected.

It's more that middle aged people in the USA were alive in a time when black people weren't allowed to use the same schools, shops or even water fountains as whites... a hell of a lot has changed in 40-50 years or so for a black man to even have had the chance of running for President, let along being elected.
dan_s91
are you dumb or bored?

------------
*nods head in agreement*
Reply 9
Because of this.

Spoiler

kfin08

no way.
Republicans dont support nice things
Reply 11
The God Of New World
I can agree with you. His colour, words and energy would have won it alone.

I think the colour is especially relevant. The black Americans must have been desperate to see the last step of their civil rights journey completed so whatever party he was representing would be irrelevant. Plus, the opposition were hardly a great challenge either!
Reply 12
Zophixan

he's black now shut up....
Reply 13
Because he's the first mixed race president
kfin08

I beg to differ! Just look at the 2006 midterms in both maryland and pennsylvania the republican candidates for both senator and governor were black and the democrat candidates were white. Despite this the republicanswere still well beaten even in Maryland with its black majority.

and OP

here

here
Reply 17
also cos his charisma and attitude is great which is not something bush had:smile:
Reply 18
C2H5OH
It's more that middle aged people in the USA were alive in a time when black people weren't allowed to use the same schools, shops or even water fountains as whites... a hell of a lot has changed in 40-50 years or so for a black man to even have had the chance of running for President, let along being elected.

I see. I sometimes wonder though if it needs to be mentioned. I mean its great that such a thing has happened - they should be proud! I just seem to keep hearing it everywhere I go and it makes me wonder how many people voted for him just because he's black. I have faith in humanity though since I prefer his policies to Mccain :-P (Although I supported Mccain at the time oddly enough).

Its hard to imagine actually that 2 generations ago. America was that racist :-s
Reply 19
Umad?
he's black now shut up....

Oh ho ho, good arguement! How about you shut up :smile: , actually you already have since you have nothing to say! Well done :-D

How is he black and not mixed race? Lets say he had a chinese parent and a white parent, would that make him chinese?

Latest

Trending

Trending