The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Dilu
I really don't get the new AVIA/ Norwich Union one. Well yeah I do, but seriously did they need Bruce Willis to flog insurance. It's such a weird thing to get a celebrity endorsement for :s-smilie:

Hahaha so true! And just tooo cheesy lol

I have a problem with adverts, i barely watch any tbh
lnjames
It'd be more realistic if it was filmed in a kitchen. *Runs and hides*

I literally lold
chaseside
It's not about being equal :o: It's about how portraying women like this when everyday they're objectified to sell comodities is hardly a joke

It's received huge criticism apparently :/

It's life, get over it. As MSB said, we men aren't happy at getting portrayed as any of the men in that advert, especially not that one who dropped his burger.

lnjames
It'd be more realistic if it was filmed in a kitchen. *Runs and hides*

:rofl:
Reply 23
I think its cool.

its an ok ad.
God I'm so angry right now fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

A good characteristic of a feminist.
Reply 25
HOW the **** is it sexist?

And the men were objectified as well, did you not notice those flash suits? Maybe you're the sexist one for thinking only women can be used to sell things.

What the **** is wrong with that anyway. If you want to sell to men, put a hot woman on it. If you want to sell to women, put some six packs on it. Equal.
Reply 26
Indievertigo
It's life, get over it. As MSB said, we men aren't happy at getting portrayed as any of the men in that advert, especially not that one who dropped his burger.

:biggrin:
Reply 27
SamTheMan
A good characteristic of a feminist.

I am so very proud to be the first male feminist.
Reply 28
I think it's a pretty good advert actually.
Does OP object to the bit in the film Catch me if you can when the stewardesses there are also attractive and wearing decent uniforms with a smiling captain?
TBH I'd happily be a stewardess if it was still like that. It wouldn't be a very good advertising campaign for virgin to show modern ones - moody, horrific clothes, hate their job, scowling etc.
chaseside
:biggrin:

OMG sexist.:p:
Reply 30
MSB
It's disgraceful. How can they portray men as being so obsessed with attractive women like that? It's so sexist it's unbelievable. I mean, some men are gay, for a start.

This is the perfect post.

Edit:

You realise that feminism is in no way exclusive to women?
Reply 31
If you thought that was bad you haven't seen the new cadburys dairly milk advert yet :P
chaseside
Did no one else find this advert unbelievably sexist? :frown:

Ever wondered what is wrong with the world today? It's people like you, with opinions like this.
Reply 33
angrygeek
HOW the **** is it sexist?

And the men were objectified as well, did you not notice those flash suits? Maybe you're the sexist one for thinking only women can be used to sell things.

What the **** is wrong with that anyway. If you want to sell to men, put a hot woman on it. If you want to sell to women, put some six packs on it. Equal.

Look at the degree to which men and women are 'commonly' objectified in relation to each other

This advert intimidates women from flying. If you're not hot, you'll be scared by a group of 'red hot' women. No woman in that ad looked happy
Reply 34
chaseside
Did no one else find this advert unbelievably sexist? :frown:

I guess it's a sign feminism is really losing out, we're regressing way beyond the 90s. Irony, a joke - I say cowardly and not on!

http://www.creativereview.co.uk/crblog/virgin-still-sexist/

Yes i agree it is sexist...but if all them women had been topless men with stunning 6packs...how many of the women saying the previous advert was sexist would still feel the same and not perv?

Im not saying this about you chase, since i can't judge someone i dont know lol

I'll settle for second then. I'm all for the liberation of women... :cool:
Reply 36
Zap Brannigan
Ever wondered what is wrong with the world today? It's people like you, with opinions like this.

Typical Brannigan...
******* hell.
Reply 38
SamTheMan
I'll settle for second then. I'm all for the liberation of women... :cool:

[scroll]:hubba:[/scroll]
Reply 39
sadie-kiki
I think it's a pretty good advert actually.
Does OP object to the bit in the film Catch me if you can when the stewardesses there are also attractive and wearing decent uniforms with a smiling captain?
TBH I'd happily be a stewardess if it was still like that. It wouldn't be a very good advertising campaign for virgin to show modern ones - moody, horrific clothes, hate their job, scowling etc.

You wouldn't have a very long shelf life

Latest

Trending

Trending