The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just Another Student
Why is it when anybody puts their grades on their profile it always seems to be 10 A*'s and 4 A's? I only got average grades at A level, but this forum makes me believe they're bad grades! So cut the bull people! And before anybody photo copies their grades, I am not saying everybody is lying, but I suspect a lot of people are telling one or two porkies. :rolleyes:

Isn't it obvious? The people who do well want to show off their grades. People who don't do so well are less likely to put them on their profile. so whether they're lying or not, you're going to get a much larger proportion of people with high grades on their profile anyway.
Reply 81
Psycho
I believe it is because they are social retards.

Just rest safe in the knowledge that you will get more punani than them.

This fella' gets my point and even used the same words as me.

Just proves the point perfectly. :rolleyes:
Psycho
I believe it is because they are social retards.

Just rest safe in the knowledge that you will get more punani than them.

Yeah just keep telling yourself that when they have a central london mansion, a hot gf and a ferrari :biggrin:
Reply 83
Yeah but you have to think, what kind of people spend time trawling an academic chat room? The kind who get good grades/ have no live. (I'm including myself here!) Also, somtimes the four A's at A-Level are "Travel and Tourism, Dance and movement, English Language and General Studies."
Dorito

Just proves the point perfectly. :rolleyes:

How does that prove anything? :biggrin:
In my school, in the 'high gcse group' a bigger proportion of people get much more action and have a way better social life than in the 'low gcse group'. All the people with high results go out often while many others hardly do. You don't have to work ALL the time to get top results, as intelligence gets you through quite a bit of it.
Reply 85
necessarily benevolent
They must've got my app mixed up with someone elses. :ninja: Did you know that you need 8A*s to even be considered for a top 20 university these days? :rolleyes:

Ah well, you got away with it:wink:.

Whereas I am still waiting to hear from 2 of the top 10:rolleyes:
people with 4U's wouldn't put it in their profile, but people with 4A's and full marks in all of these, would. don't really think many people would lie on a student forum anyway
I'm still quite happy still to put my grades up even though I got a couple of B's at A-level (in good subjects I add :biggrin: ) .I've no problems with people showing their academic prowess but it probably needs to be remembered that getting 5As is something to be proud of because it's quite exceptional.I told this lass at my old sixth form about a "post your 100% UMS grades" TSR thread I once saw and she really thought that was quite arrogant - and she ended up getting quite a few 100% results and did get 11A*s /4A s indeed - and she's one of the more outgoing people in my sixth form , was deputy head girl as well.

I do agree GCSEs are quite easy to the extent that even if you aren't particularly good in a subject you should really still score at least a C grade but I wouldn't draw the line at grade A.
flugestuge
Someone has 15 A*'s and 5 A's on their profile.
She got a offer at Oxford for just an A. :eek: :eek: :eek:
And LSE gave her an AA offer :eek:

:rofl:

Idiot. She's a very, very obvious troll.
Reply 89
saying people must lie about their grades because everyone here is above average is like saying residents of an old peoples home must lie about thier age, because their average age is nowhere near the national average.
Reply 90
matt2k8
Go into a state school and say that.

I got my gcses in an inner city comprehensive.. well below average <50% A*-C

An average person who works hard should pick up handfuls of A stars no proble,
BurningSnowman
According to Varsity, someone here has twenty-something A-levels, I think 26? So maybe all those 'joke' sigs with AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA are actually true. :s-smilie:

*coughs hardly and nearly dies*

what the hell?
I so need the link for that.......
Just Another Student
Why is it when anybody puts their grades on their profile it always seems to be 10 A*'s and 4 A's? I only got average grades at A level, but this forum makes me believe they're bad grades! So cut the bull people! And before anybody photo copies their grades, I am not saying everybody is lying, but I suspect a lot of people are telling one or two porkies. :rolleyes:

that's because they are bad grades...:rolleyes:
im so academic
*coughs hardly and nearly dies*

what the hell?
I so need the link for that.......

no...

you so need to get back learning basic GCSE stuff
I must admit that, even though I did get good GCSEs and A-Levels, I am intimidated by some of the people on here who have 15A*s, 20As and 4 trillion AEAs. TSR makes everyone feel average. :frown:
Being on here is like attending an elite grammar school :wink:
Reply 96
If you got it, flaunt it. Who really cares. They worked hard (or not) and want to tell people of their achievements :smile:
bj_945
I didn"t get 10 A*s

I never said you did?
Fazza123
If you got it, flaunt it. Who really cares. They worked hard (or not) and want to tell people of their achievements :smile:

That's not my point. It just seems like the majority of people with grades on their profile are full of A*'s. I know TSR people are often smart and your more likely to put them up if their good, but the amount of people who claim to have these amazing grades makes it obvious to me that some people are just lying to make themselves fit in or look smart.
Yes. Its especially sad when someone puts their module grades on

e.g: 99/100 - "omfg 1 mark so close ima go cut myself now!!!"

Latest