The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Quinion
You were right first time. Not the cheapest but I find I'm reluctant to write with anything else these days, certainly in exams for writing at a faster pace.

Uniball Vision elite (in blue/black) :cool:

I find that Uni eye's get scratchy (the medium versions). Once you try the Vision Elite, you find it writes much smoother than the Eye.

One downside, the 0.8mm version seems to need an absorbent paper - the new WH Smith paper isn't, as well as my new exercise book :sigh: - it takes 10 minutes to dry and that's not good for a left hander (smudges). Exam papers are fine - good quality paper is used.
Reply 61
A pen is a pen.
Reply 63
Bic Fine ballpen, I'll never go back to a medium nib they just don't seem as precise.

These
Uniball gel impact :yep:
Never fails.
Reply 65
Bics pens are brilliant. However not to over analyse them or anything :p: the hexagon shape can cause a little uncomfort and a dent on my fingers. lol.
Reply 66
Skycat
Pilot V-ball 0.5s, I love them, they're the only type of pen I've used to write in class and in exams for years now and they've never let me down. Sure they don't last as long as a biro and they cost more but they're worth it as far as I'm concerned.

Yep another vote for Pilots here

I hate writing with Biros despise them - I don't see why people like them.

I go for Pilot V7, writes really smooth and fast, I find the V5 with a smaller nib really scratchy.
I always use the Whsmiths vouchers which I get every Christmas/Birthday to buy them :P
if you're left handed, i'd advise looking at getting left-handed pens.
I've just bought 3 ready for my exams and for writing during revision and they're the best investments i've ever made... even if they are a bit pricey!!!
Stabilo s-move pens ftw =]
cheapo fountain pen works best for me, my handwriting is almost illegible when I write with biro.
doody head
Bic Fine ballpen, I'll never go back to a medium nib they just don't seem as precise.

These

Agreed,

It even makes my handwriting looks tidy.
Reply 70
parker ballpoint with rubber grip.
Reply 71
Biro everytime :smile:
Reply 72
a 30p bic biro, always works a treat
Reply 73
I have noticed that clicky top pens write particularly well
Reply 74
addie
Bics pens are brilliant. However not to over analyse them or anything :p: the hexagon shape can cause a little uncomfort and a dent on my fingers. lol.

They're octagonal, they don't really cause me discomfort they just rub a little circle on my middle finger.
Reply 75
doody head
They're octagonal, they don't really cause me discomfort they just rub a little circle on my middle finger.

They're hexagons.

*checks a bic pen*

:yep:

Yes a little discomfort, thats what I meant. :smile:
Reply 76
Personally I like the WHSmith ones, the black is the best I have used, not some crappy dark purpely-blue :smile:

although can make your fingers go funny if used for a long time!
Reply 77
I found this freebie pen that is amazing! It makes my writing really neat (I have messy handwriting) and doesn't slow me down. It has started to blot a little, so it is beginning to lose my trust, :P .
I just took it apart and it looks like one of the parker biros. So imo those are the best pens for an exam. Quick but legible.
an ink pen writes quicker, andyou don't have to press hard like with a biro so your hand doesn't tire as quickly - all good!
Reply 79
Tomcat449
Waterman fountain pen.....black ink....classy and glides effortlessly across the page :biggrin:

Yessir!

Latest

Trending

Trending