The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I don't. Especially if shyness is combined with clingy-ness or submissive-ness - drives me mental. However I don't like the loud, arrogant guys either. Just normal confidence level for me please. :smile:
Oogamy
*scoots closer*

:wink:
For me, no.
Reply 23

Phwoar

Reply 24
Lu-x
I prefer more reserved guys, but does that equal shy?

No, I think that would count as introversion.

For me shyness isn't about being talkative or quiet, it's about being a bit nervous and finding it hard to talk to girls or make the first move. A lot of shy guys are very extroverted. Like me.
HCD

Phwoar

I LOVE YOU.

I was going to make a similar Nintendo allusion.
Shy guys are the type of guys I go for :s-smilie: But I'm pretty shy so it usually takes a while before anything happens haha.
Reply 27
Shy guy's are great.:wink:
I have heard a lot of girls say they like shy men. Being an ex shy guy I can tell you like a lot of things with girls judge their behavior by actions not words. I got nowhere when I couldn't string two words together.Whats attractive about a guy who cannot think of anything to say, stutters, is extremely nervous and look like he would rather be in a million places than be near you, goes red when you talk to him even sweats?

Before lots of girls thought I didn't like them, that I was Gay etc .None as far as I could tell thought it was a turn on. Since I became more outgoing, I realised I can make girls laugh (big pass if you can do that althought they might pretend to laugh at my jokes because they like me anyway,jurys out on that one) . When shy no hint of flange, after getting first girlfriend and realising girls were humans much more attention. I'm not saying guys who are so over confident they come across as complete idiots is always attractive either .But I find even arrogant guys though girls may talk endlessly about what pratts they are will still date them.
lella_m
Although, if I came up to a 'shy' guy he'd probably run away kicking and screaming lmao.

The relationship may be a bit strange though, considering I am personally really shy too >.<

If your shy and a guy is shy, surley the odds of you talking with a shy guy is low! :frown: :biggrin:

I like shy girls. :smile:
Reply 30
:erm:

:unsure:
Reply 31
Well, my first love is shy.

My good friend's boyfriend is also shy.

So yeh, girls do like shy guys :smile: I personally prefer the more confident, but yeh, I'll go for shy guys too. Just depends on their personality - I'm so loud I'll talk to anyone, so I actually go quite well with quiet people as they seem to find me comforting... :rolleyes: (I'm kinda very affectionate and straight-forward, along with quite chatty so there's never an awkward silence with me)

I know some quiet people would hate me. But some other quiet people, who enjoy listening but would find it difficult to fill a conversation themselves - they tend to love me lol.

But I mean, my boyfriend is the confident type atm :biggrin: I quite enjoy the change personally.
I like shy guys a lot.. definitely. But I would want them to be cheeky and offend me.. banter 'n' all that.
Shy and wounded at the core! They have to be quietly tortured too :smile:.
Reply 34
Just Another Student
If your shy and a guy is shy, surley the odds of you talking with a shy guy is low! :frown: :biggrin:

I like shy girls. :smile:

If I liked him I would :smile:

I find it easier to go up to a shy guy than a confident one - I get scared by the confident :/
Reply 35
Kater Murr
I LOVE YOU.

I was going to make a similar Nintendo allusion.

I love you too, dearest. :love:
Most guys have to at least think that a guy fancies them before thy're willing to make a move. The reason shy guys seem to come last, is because even though girls like them, they never find out that the guy reciprocates these feelings, so they move on to someone who shows they like them before they get too attached.

Shy Guys FTW :biggrin:
I've never talked to a girl before. :colondollar: :o:
My boyfriend was the shyest & quietest person ide ever met when i started to go out with him!!
But 2 years down the line hes alot more confident and talks to people he doesnt know without getting nervous.
I love how he was, but also love how he now has a confidence to do what he wants without worrying about the concequences! Hes amazing :smile:
shy guys are the best <3

Latest

Trending

Trending