The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 1
I'm a first year on single hons drama. I really wasn't keen on even going for the interview but i got such a good feel about the place and the course. The interview was just a relaxed discussion. And yes you will get to do scriptwriting :smile: I've done some already in the first term, i think it's included in some modules in 2nd year and there's a whole module devoted to it in 3rd year!
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Don't know what to do now, I had an interview a week ago that went really badly and it put me off. I've already had offers off two unis I'm really keen on. Then again there's no harm in just having a go. Decisions decisions!
Reply 3
I have another question! Does anyone know if there is practical film making involved?
Reply 4
For what its worth now (it may be too late) Yes there is, quite a bit.

2nd Year there is a practical documentary module (1/6 of your year's marks)
3rd year there is a narrative film making module (1/3 of your years marks)

You can also do a practical film making dissertation (another 1/3rd of your year's marks)

overall, over half of your degree could be based on practical film making modules, if you so wish!
Reply 5
Does screen studies involve any film making? I've accepted my offer for English Lang & Screen Studies - maybe I should have done a tad more research

Latest

Trending

Trending