The Student Room Group
Work experience - pretty crucial for med addmissions
work experience
voluntary work in a caring environment eg. hospital/elderly care home
team sports
something that shows leadership skills... prefecting...head of prom committee(sp?)
Your IB subjects are fine, though your GCSEs may pose a problem as you only have three. Is there any reason why you were only able to take three, i.e. your school policy?

With regards to activities you'll need a bit of work experience in a directly or indirectly related field, such as working in a hospital, or a care home, or any other volunteering which you could learn from and could give you an insight into the career you are about to sign yourself up for.
Reply 4
need work exp.
some schools only look at IB predicted.. such as Imperial ... but you need to check with the other schools though.

you also need to get involved with charity, societies at school if you arent involved in some already. . . which you should have already gotten for CAS. but do more than your CAS hours . imo it's not enough with just 50 hours of each . . . and the more hours you do the more you're likely to learn from what you're doing

good luck. :smile:
Reply 5
Hyeree
you also need to get involved with charity, societies at school if you arent involved in some already. . . which you should have already gotten for CAS. but do more than your CAS hours . imo it's not enough with just 50 hours of each . . . and the more hours you do the more you're likely to learn from what you're doing

Spoiler

I am really nervous about what I would need to apply! I am currently studying abroad, first year abroad as my parents are both doctors and they are doing an elective charity year in developing countries! I will do SAT, will that help? Asv well as IB diploma tho!

Latest

Trending

Trending