The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Any more serious replies?
Please, this is an issue that really needs to be addressed, i just need some more ideas.

some of the ones that have already been given i am already considering btw
Reply 21
Start a revolution!

I'd suggest a facebook group to get people to follow. Then make a list of schools in each county, and recruit different people to go to them.

Perhaps start with one county, then work your way from there. I'd suggest "Barnet" in London.
http://www.barnet.gov.uk/schools-secondary.htm?search=true
Gives a list of secondary schools in the area.

I would be willing to join :smile:

However, instead of giving speeches, offer your services. Most people bully as they have problems of their own, so maybe you should also work on helping the bullies rather than beating them down.
Reply 22
h82think
Start a revolution!

I'd suggest a facebook group to get people to follow. Then make a list of schools in each county, and recruit different people to go to them.

Perhaps start with one county, then work your way from there. I'd suggest "Barnet" in London.
http://www.barnet.gov.uk/schools-secondary.htm?search=true
Gives a list of secondary schools in the area.

I would be willing to join :smile:

That's not a bad idea, thanks.
Reply 23
bodmer123
That's not a bad idea, thanks.

If you do not have so much free time: maybe you should create a pack to offer to schools which could help eliminate bullying. All schools seem to have some sort of "form time", so perhaps create a "game" in which students could discuss what they think of bullying, the effects of bullying, and how to stop bullying. You could also sent them posters and other reasources.

Sort of like the "silver ring" movement, however better maintained than that blue wrist band craze.
Reply 24
Such an original idea :rolleyes:
Reply 25
h82think
If you do not have so much free time: maybe you should create a pack to offer to schools which could help eliminate bullying. All schools seem to have some sort of "form time", so perhaps create a "game" in which students could discuss what they think of bullying, the effects of bullying, and how to stop bullying. You could also sent them posters and other reasources.

Sort of like the "silver ring" movement, however better maintained than that blue wrist band craze.

One problem: how can I get funding for this lol, i'm skint as it is haha
Reply 26
AWZC
Such an original idea :sarcasm:

So why has nobody succeeded?
bodmer123

Right, so you want money and fame?

What separates you from Jade Goody?

Go do something useful with yourself, or donate what little you have to the people who are already the 'Jamie Oliver of the bullying world'.
Reply 28
ShinyApple
Right, so you want money and fame?

What separates you from Jade Goody?

Go do something useful with yourself, or donate what little you have to the people who are already the 'Jamie Oliver of the bullying world'.

trust me, i'm nothing like that woman.
Reply 29
Do a Jamie Oliver and swear as much as you can to try and 'get down' with the commoners up North.
Reply 30
bodmer123

Does your school/college/uni have free printing?
Reply 31
h82think
So why has nobody succeeded?

Because of the inherent problem of human nature. I think that it will take something much more forceful (and not nececarilly moral) than a couple of pamphlets and a facebook group to make vindictive juveniles to change there ways.
Reply 32
AWZC
Because of the inherent problem of human nature. I think that it will take something much more forceful (and not nececarilly moral) than a couple of pamphlets and a facebook group to make vindictive juveniles to change there ways.

like what?
You want to be a ginger cockney with a lisp to be bullyed?!

MADNESS!
Reply 34
h82think
Does your school/college/uni have free printing?

no, i dont think anywhere does:p:
Reply 35
AWZC

But bullying is such a large center point- there is bullying among children and adult, there is mental bullying to be like everyone else, there is intolerance everywhere.

I like to think I've personally beaten bullying by always being myself. Even when in school I was bullied, it would have stopped if I hadn't been different, but then I would have been living a lie!

bodmer123
no, i dont think anywhere does:p:

My college had free printing :eek:

Maybe make a documentary with a digital camera then send it to tv channels.
Reply 36
bodmer123
like what?

Well to truly get people to stop bullying and petty office/school politics involving belittling others it would take a huge effort due to our evolutoinary instinct to pick on the weakest and assert our dominance (the root cause of bullying). Something like a government propoganda scheme with brainwashing and subliminal messaging would stop a lot of it, but as I said would not be moral or justifiable due to its invasion of our minds and actions.

We would also face the problem of where to draw the line. One of the main problems is that bullying transitions into mild cases of 'taking the mick' with no intent of harm quite easily. It would not be that easily controlled.

I respect your goal, it is certainly a justworthy goal and ambition, but the cynic in me does not think it possible.
Reply 37
AWZC
Well to truly get people to stop bullying and petty office/school politics involving belittling others it would take a huge effort due to our evolutoinary instinct to pick on the weakest and assert our dominance (the root cause of bullying). Something like a government propoganda scheme with brainwashing and subliminal messaging would stop a lot of it, but as I said would not be moral or justifiable due to its invasion of our minds and actions.

We would also face the problem of where to draw the line. One of the main problems is that bullying transitions into mild cases of 'taking the mick' with no intent of harm quite easily. It would not be that easily controlled.

I respect your goal, it is certainly a justworthy goal and ambition, but the cynic in me does not think it possible.

I appreciate your concerns, but I will make this happen.
Reply 38
bodmer123
I appreciate your concerns, but I will make this happen.

How then. I appreciate that you appreciate my concerns, but can you come up with a logical counterargument against the points I have raised?
Reply 39
explosions hurt
Get a cape and a mask and go around school playgrounds teaching those bullies a lesson. You could be antibullyman:eek:

LMFAO!!!!!! :rofl:

Pos rep to you!!!! :awesome:

Latest

Trending

Trending