The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Deadmau5
Just an update for anybody who's interested: I didn't actually choose warwick, i've just firmed St. Andrew's.
However, in my defence - my first post was absolutely true, I really did have no preference and I really did intend to pick based on the results. When it ended, I opened the reply to offers section on track and chose firm for warwick and declined the others. That was the very first moment I had doubts about following through with what I proposed - I got over them a few minutes later and clicked submit but my session had timed out and it made me log in again, disregarding my choices. So your votes were not in vain, if it wasn't for a few minutes dithering I really would be going to warwick. :0 After that I decided to leave it to the next morning and what do you know, I was far less receptive to making this decision based on a the opinions of strangers on the internet voting based on how many votes the others already had than I was after I had been up for a very long late at night. But even then, warwick was my first choice whereas it had been my last...I still thought I was going to firm that, based on the influence of this thread and my general apathy. I don't know what changed - I spoke to a number of people in real life who slagged off warwick which scared me a bit. In many ways, mostly financial, I still wish I had chosen warwick, and if it wasn't St. A's it definitely would have been that over durham.

Sorry guys, was a bit of a fail

Would only have been a fail if you'd actually made your choice based on random people on the internet. You didn't.
Reply 81
Some people ask with sincerity and all they get as a response is that you're stupid. TSR is for those people/students who seek information other than those people he/she have met in person. How's that absurd and stupid?

If he/she took your advice seriously, don't take it against him/her.
Reply 82
Deadmau5
Just an update for anybody who's interested: I didn't actually choose warwick, i've just firmed St. Andrew's.

Well thank God you didn't go to Warwick. What a relief!
Reply 83
Wow, there's so many Warwick haters in this forum! Warwick must have rejected a lot of students.

lol
Reply 84
ILIGAN
Wow, there's so many Warwick haters in this forum! Warwick must have rejected a lot of students.

lol

No disrespect to Warwick, but it looks like a Sixth Form.

I'm sorry, but that's not how a University should look if it wants to be respected.
Scobdem
No disrespect to Warwick, but it looks like a Sixth Form.

I'm sorry, but that's not how a University should look if it wants to be respected.

That's the worst picture of warwick I've ever seen.
IrrationalNumber
That's the worst picture of warwick I've ever seen.

Warwick has never looked like that whenever I've been to visit... :s-smilie:
Reply 87
Well, if you think Warwick is ugly, what about this?

University College London

London School of Economics

ILIGAN

lol

Actually, I dont get normally get dragged into these threads because of this, and yes there is plenty of 'attention' at least toward Warwick on this forum. There are far too many "Warwick vs..." threads. There's lots of stereotyping from people who've never actually been here, but on balance you get a lot of pro-Warwick views as well. This is to be expected with such a popular university and one that is still on the up. Don't take things personally I guess, I like it here (except the workload is too big!) and the campus is great.

That picture above is ugly. There are the odd ugly looking buildings but most of the campus is quite nice. 90% of our time is spent in the building on the right which is pretty cool and modern on the inside. But the greener areas are nicer, especially near the lakes, and there are squirrels everywhere.

Reply 89
St Andrews - say hi to my mate James whos doing IR's there :wink:
Daviid02
St Andrews - say hi to my mate James whos doing IR's there :wink:

I think he just may have already made his choice already... look at the threads date. However for the sake of the thread - St.Andrews easily.

Latest

Trending

Trending