The Student Room Group

Sociology with Psychology or Social Policy

Heya,
this is going to be hard to answer as my major problem is that i have no idea what career i want to pursue after university!
i know i want to do sociology at uni but i'm having trouble deciding whether to do psychology with it or social policy!
i was thinking that maybe psychology might be regarded as more important? but i don't know too much about social policy- does anyone regard it as being a useful or good subject to do a combined degree in?
opinions much appreciated!! :smile:
thankyou!!! :biggrin:
caffecooki
Heya,
this is going to be hard to answer as my major problem is that i have no idea what career i want to pursue after university!
i know i want to do sociology at uni but i'm having trouble deciding whether to do psychology with it or social policy!
i was thinking that maybe psychology might be regarded as more important? but i don't know too much about social policy- does anyone regard it as being a useful or good subject to do a combined degree in?
opinions much appreciated!! :smile:
thankyou!!! :biggrin:
Hey CC :hello:

I think ultimately, the choice is yours, they both sound fine but if you want any info on psychology and sociology at uni, defo feel free to ask me - I'm in my third year! :elefant:

It's pretty good, esp personality and developmental psychology I reckon. As for careers, you've a good chance of getting into both the healthcare and social welfare areas, tho I've a friend who now works for a communications based agency (I know, random! :eek: ). I still have one more year to go, but plan to get a career in healthcare.

As for social policy, I'm not sure what it could lead to in the UK, but I've another friend who's doing that at a different uni to me, and she's thinking about moving into child/juvenille welfare when she finishes her degree.

If I do say so myself, I think it's a good move how you're deciding to undertake a combined degree, they're excellent for if you want options.

Hope that helps somewhat! :biggrin:

DB_x
Reply 2
I would say to do psychology but if you are try and get into a BPS accrediated course as this will allow you to move into psychology if you choose and will show that the psychology part of your course is very serious.

Latest

Trending

Trending