The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Apparently Ko Tao is the best for diving, I'm going to Koh Phang Ngang for the full moon festival on the 9th may then heading over to Ko Tao for a spot of diving...
Reply 2
I went to thailand in the summer, absoluetly beautiful.
I went to an island called Phucket, we went on a Phi Phi island day tour, it included diving, snorkling and visiting monkey island :biggrin:
Reply 3
Ahh sounds good, im hoping to make the full moon festival in march lol hope it is awesome!!
Reply 4
I'm over there may/june. must catch the full moonparty
Reply 5
i have dived in a few places in thailand as it is where i got my padi open water qualification and i really enjoyed sail rock.
Reply 6
oh and ive been to a few full moon partys. soooo ******* good x
Reply 7
AWZC
Apparently Ko Tao is the best for diving, I'm going to Koh Phang Ngang for the full moon festival on the 9th may then heading over to Ko Tao for a spot of diving...

Koh Tao is indeed one of the nicest spots for a dive :biggrin:

The actual island is quite small though so it's probably worth staying in Ko Samui and travelling to islands nearby by ferry (very cheap).
sophiemaria
i have dived in a few places in thailand as it is where i got my padi open water qualification and i really enjoyed sail rock.

Hey,

I'm hopefully going travelling around SE asia for a few months next year, hopefully getting some diving in. But, I don't know how to and have only do a bit of snorkelling.

Just wondering, how long did it take you to get your qualification and how much did it cost over there? And, from what I'm awake, after you get that qualification you can dive pretty much anywhere in the world (?), after the course do you feel confident enough to actually do that?

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 9
allieRAWR!
Hey,

I'm hopefully going travelling around SE asia for a few months next year, hopefully getting some diving in. But, I don't know how to and have only do a bit of snorkelling.

Just wondering, how long did it take you to get your qualification and how much did it cost over there? And, from what I'm awake, after you get that qualification you can dive pretty much anywhere in the world (?), after the course do you feel confident enough to actually do that?

Thanks! :smile:

heya. ahh very nice. erm well cause my sister lived there i got it a bit cheaper but i think its about £250. it takes a few days (4/5?) but as i was there for a month on that occasion and we knew the people i spread it over a longer period so i cant remember exactly how long.. yeh it means you can dive anywhere in the world and yes if i hadnt had such a long break i do feel i would be confident enough, especially as you always dive with a 'buddy'. if you do the same as me and leave it a while you can always do a quick refresher course when you decide to get back into diving.

lol sorry i cat answer your questions more precisely ):

Latest